Service Care Solutions are recruiting for a Medical Secretary to work in Essex Harlow within the NHS on a temporary ongoing agency contract.
£13.50Ltd an hour (paid weekly via an umbrella company)
Monday to Friday 9-5
To provide a smooth and efficient, high quality secretarial and administrative support function to the Consultant Psychiatrist, and other doctors in the Consultant's team.
To ensure that all dealings are conducted in a manner that reflects the professional reputation of the Secretariat.
This element of the job requires sustained concentration as it involves understanding the diverse accent and use of English of the doctor and the transcription of dictations which use medical terminologies, medications, abbreviations and local practices.
There will be frequent interruptions requiring urgent/immediate response.
- Advanced IT skills i.e.
Word, Excel and PowerPoint and Outlook
- Knowledge of a full range of secretarial and administration procedures
- Knowledge of creating records and filing systems and database management
- Knowledge of the Trust IT and/or Electronic Patient Records system.
- Previous experience of working in the NHS
- Ability to work accurately and unsupervised, using own initiative using tact and diplomacy
- Ability to respond quickly to urgent situations and co-ordinate actions where a patient is at risk.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and telephone manner including liaison with outside agencies
- Excellent office, administrative, secretarial and organisational skills including diary management Audio typing
- Proven ability to type accurately at 60 wpm
- Ability to collate and interpret statistical information
- Ability to take formal, accurate minutes
If this role sounds of interest please email your CV with a possible start date to firstname.lastname@example.org or call Andrew on 01772 208953
More Jobs from Service Care Solutions Ltd
- Administrative Assistant
- Care Allocation Officer
- Brokerage Assistant
- Reablement Worker
- Care Assistant
- Project Manager
- Transport Officer
- Compliance Team Leader
- Planning Officer
- Project Manager
- Waking Nights Worker
- Band 5 - Pharmacy Technician - Derby
- Residential Support Worker
- Band 5 - Pharmacy Technician - Stoke
- Detoxification Nurse (RMN/RN)
- Environmental Health Officer
- Highways Solicitor
- Finance Assistant