Learning Disability Support Worker
Are you a Learning Disability Support Worker looking for a new opportunity? We have an exciting new role to work within a supported living service based in Bexleyheath!
*Do you know someone who would be interested in this role? We offer a £250 referral bonus per successful candidate that is referred
Salary per annum: £17,832pa
Hours and length of contract:
- Full Time hours 38 hours per week (MALE)
- 07:00 - 14:30
- 14:00 - 21:30
- The manager is looking for the position to be filled ASAP
The client is a nationwide charity who have been providing care and support to older adults and those with mental health or learning disabilities for over 25 years.
You will be working as part of a small supported living service consisting of up to 5 adults, and your role will be help them live as independently as possible.
Daily duties include but are not limited to:
- Providing physical, emotional, spiritual and social support to service users
- Working closely with staff and tenants in promoting individual packages of care that reflect the person's chosen lifestyle
- Supporting tenants in leisure, education and employment services inside and outside of the home
- Supporting tenants as much as possible to undertake household chores, including planning and pre-paring meals
- Assisting tenants in maintaining their personal hygiene where necessary
- Participating in training opportunities to gain a wide understanding of tenants' needs and disabilities
- Giving medication as required
- Completing written reports and notes
- Supporting tenants accessing benefits e.g.
housing benefit, income support, DLA etc
- Employee benefits discount scheme - online/high street discounts
- Cycle to work scheme
- Childcare voucher discount scheme
- Excellent career progression, extensive training and support
- Thorough induction, e-learning, classroom training and shadow shifts
- 28 days Annual Leave (including Bank Holidays)
The applicant must have experience of working with Learning Disabilities, autism and complex behaviours.
Must also hold an NVQ Level 2 or equivalent and be DBS cleared.
Car driver is desirable but not essential.
Knowledge of Positive Behaviour Support and Active Support would be very beneficial.
If you are interested in this role then please contact Emma at SCS on 01772 208963 or send across your CV directly to email@example.com
- Start: ASAP
- Rate: £17832 - £117832 per annum + pension, annual leave, training
- Location: Bexleyheath, England
- Type: Permanent
- Industry: Medical
- Recruiter: Service Care Solutions Ltd
- Tel: 01772 208963
- Fax: 01772 471473
- Email: to view click here
- Posted: 2021-07-28 17:08:31 -
- View all Jobs from Service Care Solutions Ltd
More Jobs from Service Care Solutions Ltd
- Administrative Assistant
- Care Allocation Officer
- Brokerage Assistant
- Reablement Worker
- Care Assistant
- Project Manager
- Transport Officer
- Compliance Team Leader
- Planning Officer
- Project Manager
- Waking Nights Worker
- Band 5 - Pharmacy Technician - Derby
- Residential Support Worker
- Band 5 - Pharmacy Technician - Stoke
- Detoxification Nurse (RMN/RN)
- Environmental Health Officer
- Highways Solicitor
- Finance Assistant