Excellent Basic and Package
Our esteemed client within the Financial Sector is looking for a Java Developer to join their team.
The Java Developer will be part of an agile team which delivers multi-channel application software and technical support for both Agile and Waterfall projects with complex requirements.
You will be expected to program and deliver well-designed, testable, efficient code as part of a team using agile methods.
You will also be required to contribute to requirements gathering and documentation.
The Java Developer applicant will be expected to possess and be able to demonstrate the following characteristics:
- Have a thorough knowledge of the Software Development Life Cycle and DevOps.
- Design and deliver test plans, write unit, smoke, regression and performance automated test cases to integrate with CI/CD processes.
- To be able to understand and follow governance requirements in a highly regulated environment.
- As appropriate, lead the technical design, development and documentation of cross-functional, multi-platform application systems and coordinate their own and others work as required.
- Ensure that expected application performance levels are established and achieved.
- Develop flowcharts, layouts and documentation to satisfy requirements and solutions.
- Maintain software functionality and currency (technical debt and gain).
Actively participate in code reviews.
- Reviewing, during design and development, shared frameworks and capabilities prior to building new software and to deliver all components in a fully functional, performant and compliant software system.
- Analyse, define and document requirements for data, workflow, and logical processes and the interfaces with other systems.
- Understand and apply security and privacy principles – catching vulnerabilities at source prior to deployment.
- Participate in the deployment process including fulfilling change control toll gates and deploying and validating applications as required.
- Demonstrate strong teamwork and ethic with a focus on delivery.
Work alongside other engineers on the team helping to consistently apply best practices.
Collaborate with peers to crowd source the best solutions, encourage reuse and participate in developing a strong team.
- Strong experience should be demonstrable in specific application development languages, frameworks and toolkits.
Familiarity with NodeJS, Maven, Gradle, GITLab, Docker, Grunt, Bower, Yarn, Camunda, Kafka, Oracle (or similar relational database), MongoDB or Azure Message Queue would be advantageous.
Qualifications & Experience:
- A degree in computer science or a related discipline.
- 5-7 year experience in software development.
- Experience in the securities or financial services industry is preferred.
- The job applicant should have experience of working at a company with a complex development environment and have an understanding of how large companies operate in the context of Software Development.
*For a confidential discussion and job description please contact Tony on 0203 750 0575.
- Start: Asap
- Rate: Market related
- Location: Manchester
- Type: Permanent
- Industry: IT
- Recruiter: Elite Executive Search & Selection Ltd
- Contact: Tony Ward
- Email: to view click here
- Reference: TW50
- Posted: 2021-06-07 13:41:32 -
- View all Jobs from Elite Executive Search & Selection Ltd
More Jobs from Elite Executive Search & Selection Ltd
- Senior HR Manager
- Senior Laboratory Training Coordinator
- Laboratory Specialist Practitioner
- Senior Back End Developer London
- Principal Full Stack Developer
- Senior Biomedical Scientist
- Transport Manager
- Campaign Manager
- Marketing Assistant
- Associate Practitioner
- Laboratory Technician - Manchester Airport
- Warehouse Assistant
- warehouse assistant
- Customer Service Specialist
- Project Manager (Rail)
- M&E SITE MANAGER
- Site Manager
- HSQE Auditor
- Section Manager
- Laboratory Manager