A Local Services in Croydon are currently recruiting for a Warehouse Operative / Driver to join their team as soon as possible.
This is a full time, temporary position and the ideal candidate will hold a Valid and Clean UK driving license and will have ideally worked for Local Services or Authorities.
The purpose of the role is to issue and deliver any item of stock from the Services Headquarters to various locations across London.
By assisting with the operation of the Distribution Centre storage of operational equipment, stationery, cleaning materials, first aid, IT consumables and forms.
Operating procedures for the receipt, issue and recording of stock and delivering items from the Distribution Centre, to locations within the Headquarters complex or any other locations as required.
To cover the duties of the Distribution Centre support drivers when required.
The main responsibilities of the role are:
- To undertake warehousing duties in a store of operational equipment, stationery, cleaning materials, first aid, IT consumables and forms.
- To receive into the Brigade Distribution Centre (BDC) deliveries of parts and material and to check and verify against advice notes / purchase orders.
- To issue and deliver any item of stock within Headquarters and to ensure that proper records are kept of issues from the BDC.
- To meet the critical requests for frontline essential operational equipment promptly and accurately.
- To ensure that all necessary computer inputting and other documentation is completed in a timely and efficient manner.
- To collect and deliver goods and parts documents and associated material, specialist equipment between Headquarters as well as from external suppliers as and when required, using Brigade light vehicles.
- To conduct cyclical stock checks and to report discrepancies or depleted stock levels which become apparent.
- To ensure that all goods are labelled/numbered as appropriate and allocated and stored correctly.
- Experience of working in a stores environment and moving heavy items safely.
- Experience of maintaining accurate and legible records
- Must hold a clean, current driving licence.
(Unless already qualified, the post-holder will be required to take and pass the Brigade's driving assessment during their probationary period).
- Good oral and written communication skills in order to liaise effectively with staff at all levels, particularly on the telephone, and to maintain stock records and process stores documentation.
The client is looking to move quickly with this role and as such are offering between £16-£17 p/hour Umbrella Ltd (approx.
£424 - £445 p/week NET after deductions) dependant on experience and qualifications.
So if this position sounds of interest, email a copy of your up to date CV to firstname.lastname@example.org or call James at Service Care Construction on 01772 208967
Not interested in this role but know somebody who could be? Refer a friend today and receive up to £250 per referral if they are successfully placed by SC Construction!
- Start: ASAP
- Duration: Ongoing
- Rate: £16 - £17 per hour + Umbrella LTD
- Location: Croydon, England
- Type: Contract
- Industry: Construction
- Recruiter: Service Care Solutions Ltd
- Tel: 01772 208 967
- Fax: 01772 471473
- Email: to view click here
- Posted: 2021-12-23 15:56:28 -
- View all Jobs from Service Care Solutions Ltd
More Jobs from Service Care Solutions Ltd
- Registered Nurse
- Registered Nurse
- Police Staff Investigator - Manchester
- Caretaker - Croydon
- HR Clerical Officer - Police
- Digital Content Designer
- Child and Family Worker
- Cook in Charge
- Multi Trade Handyman
- Support Worker
- Connect Hotline Advisor - Police
- HR Service Assistant - Police
- Care Assistant
- Command Team Secretary - Police
- Support Worker
- Customer Care Advisor - Preston
- Children's Support Worker