A Local Services Authority are currently recruiting for a Senior Policy Officer to join their Regeneration and Economic Development team as soon as possible.
This is a full time, temporary position for a minimum of 3 months and the ideal candidate will have experience of working with, or alongside, the public and private sector and a good understanding of the differences in their perspectives and values.
The purpose of the role is to support business engagement activities through working with business, planning and delivering projects and events, understanding the needs of business and key business issues and delivering business-facing campaigns.
The post holder will lead on policy and engagement work for key sectors in London and contribute to Authorities Covid response and recovery work.
The main responsibilities of the role are:
- To support programmes, projects and policies that will help to ensure delivery of the Mayor's priorities for economic development in the capital, as set out in his Economic Development Strategy.
- To undertake regular engagement with business stakeholders at all levels including corporate c-suite level and with senior officials in government.
- To engage with officers across the Authority to ensure a joined-up approach to delivering the Mayor's priorities for economic development in London.
- To support high profile business engagement events working with partners and stakeholders to secure successful outcomes.
- To line manage staff as required.
- To gather intelligence and maintain an up to date understanding of business perspectives on key issues of concern to the authority such as Brexit, migration, skills and infrastructure.
- Experience of working with, or alongside, the public and private sector and a good understanding of the differences in their perspectives and values.
- Experience of engaging and influencing external stakeholders.
- Good understanding of economics and business policies.
- Significant experience of project management and evidence of driving delivery on major high profile, public facing or corporate projects.
The client is looking to move quickly with this role and as such are offering between £26 - £28 p/hour Umbrella Ltd (approx.
£643 - £685 p/week NET after deductions) dependant on experience and qualifications.
So if this position sounds of interest, email a copy of your up to date CV to email@example.com or call James at Service Care Construction on 01772 208967
Not interested in this role but know somebody who could be? Refer a friend today and receive up to £250 per referral if they are successfully placed by SC Construction!
- Start: ASAP
- Duration: 3 Months Min
- Rate: £26 - £28 per hour + Umbrella LTD
- Location: Southwark, England
- Type: Contract
- Industry: Public_Sector
- Recruiter: Service Care Solutions Ltd
- Tel: 01772 208 967
- Fax: 01772 471473
- Email: to view click here
- Posted: 2021-12-16 10:24:08 -
- View all Jobs from Service Care Solutions Ltd
More Jobs from Service Care Solutions Ltd
- Registered Nurse
- Registered Nurse
- Police Staff Investigator - Manchester
- Caretaker - Croydon
- HR Clerical Officer - Police
- Digital Content Designer
- Child and Family Worker
- Cook in Charge
- Multi Trade Handyman
- Support Worker
- Connect Hotline Advisor - Police
- HR Service Assistant - Police
- Care Assistant
- Command Team Secretary - Police
- Support Worker
- Customer Care Advisor - Preston
- Children's Support Worker