Young Persons Coach
A large housing association in Essex are recruiting for an experienced Young People Coach to deliver support to Young People aged 16 - 25 living in specialist units of semi-independent accommodation in Romford
The focus of this Young Person's Coach role is delivering support to Young People aged 16 - 25 living in specialist units of semi-independent accommodation.
The support will be based around a living package of structured sessions to support young people to move on into independent living by providing guidance to residents with budgeting, setting up a home and seeking employment or training and gaining access to other services and organisations, for example, signposting to health services, social care or specialist services.
- Provide practical and emotional support whilst on shift for all young people by delivering individualised support
- To ensure that opportunities are provided for resident participation, opportunities for involvement and inclusion are provided throughout the service,
- Conduct positive conversations with young people and produce detailed records as defined by the organisation and service.
- Support and guide young people with tasks, such as cooking and cleaning, attending appointments and meetings.
- To provide basic welfare benefits advice, including referral to welfare benefit advisors as appropriate.
- To participate in the promotion and of the delivery of Swan Horizons activities, including external partners & local community
- Ensuring residents participate in and complete the AQA programme
- Regular monitoring and discussion of rent accounts and to take direct rent payments via appropriate means.
- Undertake a wide range of administrative tasks whilst on duty.
- Ensure all records are kept up to date including incident or accident reports, repairs and general recordings
- To deal with all emergencies in line with procedures.
- Ensure residents are adhering to the terms of their tenancy or licence agreement and engaging in the foyer deal.
- Ensure standards of the Foyer building and surrounding areas are maintained through the Health and Safety policy.
To be considered for this Young Person's Coach role you will the following skills and experience:
- Previous experience within a housing support setting, ideally with young people
- Knowledge of the benefits system and tenancy sustainment
Due to the nature of clients you will be supporting in this role, you will require an enhanced DBS
This is a full time role on an initial 4 month contract, running until the end of March 2022, on the following rota:
- Shift Pattern Week 1 : 6 days (including Saturday and Sunday)
- Shift Pattern Week 2 : 4 days (no weekend) work
Day off : Wednesday
There will be a requirement to work weekends, evenings and some sleep ins.
Shifts are 7:15am to 15:30pm and 14:00 to 22:15
Additionally, there may be need to cover in other services, in the Basildon area.
If this Young Person's Coach role is not suitable for yourself, but you know someone who may be interested, please pass on their details, or forward these details to them.
If they are successful in applying, you will receive a £250 referral bonus upon completion of an initial probationary period.
How to Apply
If you are interested in this Young Person's Coach role, please send your CV lee .
mc millan @ service care .
uk or call me on 01 772 20 89 66 discuss the vacancy in more detail.
Also, if this Young Person's Coach role doesn't interest you, but you are looking for new opportunities, please still get in touch as I cover all housing-related vacancies across the regio
More Jobs from Service Care Solutions Ltd
- Recovery Worker - West Yorkshire
- Employee Relations Officer - Police
- Forklift Truck Driver
- Registered Nurse
- Registered Nurse
- Police Staff Investigator - Manchester
- Caretaker - Croydon
- HR Clerical Officer - Police
- Digital Content Designer
- Child and Family Worker
- Cook in Charge
- Multi Trade Handyman
- Support Worker
- Connect Hotline Advisor - Police
- HR Service Assistant - Police
- Care Assistant
- Command Team Secretary - Police