Night Support Worker
A large London based Housing association are recruiting for a Night Support Worker at one of their homelessness services in St Pauls, City of London, to provide an overnight support and concierge service to their residents
This Night Support Worker role is based in a recovery hub providing accommodation and support to homeless men and women, some of whom will have a history of trauma and complex needs.
Within a psychologically informed environment, service users are supported using the Recovery Model to stabilize their substance use and/or mental health, establish networks of support, manage their health, well-being, welfare and move-on towards independent support.
The focus of this Night Support Worker role is to work with clients to ensure positive outcomes and to maintain safety and security of building a service delivery and support residents of the service to identify and work towards recovery focused goals.
You will also be ensuring the safety and security of the building, clients and colleagues
Additional duties will include:
- Complete incident reports,
- Supporting clients with tea/coffee at reception.
- Escorting guests to their room.
- Managing risk of clients working with one other night worker or security guard.
Minimum of 2 staff in the building.
- Managing the shift, completing Handover on the computer updating client info.
- Crisis support for guests.
- Chatting to the guests.
- Responding to the fire panel.
- Calling emergency services as appropriate.
To be considered for this Night Support Worker role you will the following skills and experience:
- Experience working with vulnerable adults with complex needs.
- Experience working with in at one of the following areas: Substance Misuse; Street Homelessness; Mental Health; Offending
- Understanding of at least one of the following: Trauma Informed approaches; Strengths based practice; Recovery focused support; Psychologically Informed Environments
- Understanding of the causes of homelessness and its impact on individuals.
- Knowledge of the benefits system.
This is a NIGHT role, so you must be able to work unsociable hours
Due to the nature of clients you will be supporting in this role, you will require an enhanced DBS.
This is a full time role, and the hours are 20:30-08:30, the shift pattern is Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday 1 week, and then the next week Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday.
The role is on an initial 3 month contract with a chance of being extended or even made permanent.
If this Night Support Worker role is not suitable for yourself, but you know someone who may be interested, please pass on their details, or forward these details to them.
If they are successful in applying, you will receive a £250 referral bonus upon completion of an initial probationary period.
How to Apply
If you are interested in this Night Support Worker role, please send your CV email@example.com or call me on 01772 208 966 discuss this
How to Apply
If you are interested in this Night Support Worker role, please send your CV lee .
mc millan @ service care .
uk or call me on 01 772 20 89 66 discuss the vacancy in more detail.
Also, if this Night Support Worker role doesn't interest you, but you are looking for new opportunities, please still get in touch as I cover all housing-related vacancies across the region
More Jobs from Service Care Solutions Ltd
- Leeds and York Admin
- Housing Worker
- SENIOR SUPPORT WORKER
- Band 4 Nurse Associate
- Marketing Manager
- Youth Offending Case Manager
- Investigative Support Officer
- Income Officer
- Technical Support Assistant
- Engagement Practitioner
- Private Client Solicitor
- Careline Social Worker
- Health & WellBeing Practitioner
- Support & Resettlement Worker
- Recovery Practitioner - Bexley
- Alcohol Recovery Practitioner - Chelmsford
- Waking Night Support Worker
- Support Worker
- Service Manager