Payroll Officer - Police
Service Care Solutions are recruiting for a Payroll Officer to work on a full-time.
long-term contract in Sheffield with a local Police Force.
Working as part of a team, be responsible for accurately producing monthly Force payrolls for Police Officer, Police Staff, Police Pensioners and PCC Staff, completing and the filing of statutory returns.
Paying all personnel in accordance with Home Office Police Regulations, Police Support Staff Council Handbook, Force Policy, Legislation, Employment Law and Force Financial Instructions, procedures and guidelines at all times.
Key responsibilities include the following:
Responsibility for processing all variations to pay in the Oracle system including starters, leavers and amendments to contracts.
Checking Gross to Net calculations where necessary.
Responsibility for administering the reconciliation of General Ledger payroll accounts.
Ensure all reporting to third parties for Police Pensions, Local Government Pensions, Salary Scarifies and National Statistics Office is completed.
Advice and Guidance
Offer guidance on Police Regulations and Police Staff Council handbook in relation to the impact on pay, pensions, occupational and statutory sickness and maternity.
Provide payroll advice to Payroll Assistants, Police Office/Staff and HR colleagues relating to pay, deductions and termination payments.
Liaising with the Systems Admin team on matters relating to pay.
Take an active role in User Acceptance Testing programmes to ensure Oracle systems upgrades and legislative patches are applied correctly.
If this looks like something you'd like to apply for, please just call Martin Cookson on 01772 208962
- Start: ASAP
- Duration: 12 months +
- Rate: £14.20 - £16.20 per hour
- Location: Sheffield, England
- Type: Contract
- Industry: Finance
- Recruiter: Service Care Solutions Ltd
- Tel: 01772 208962
- Fax: 01772 471473
- Email: to view click here
- Posted: 2021-11-03 11:15:46 -
- View all Jobs from Service Care Solutions Ltd
More Jobs from Service Care Solutions Ltd
- Finishing Manager
- Finishing Manager
- Housing Worker (Older Peoples Service)
- Evidence Purge Assistant - Police
- Contact Enquiry Officer - Police
- Police Contact Enquiry Officer
- Childrens Residential Home Manager
- Leaving Care Personal Advisor
- Nursery Assistant
- Covert Archive Assistant - Police
- Statement Taker - Police
- Neighbourhood Lead
- Registered Nurse
- Building Surveyor
- Ops Manager
- Operations Manager
- Support Worker
- Business Development Analyst - Police
- Right to Buy and Recharges Manager
- Housing Options Officer