Job title - Maintenance Manager
Location - London E2
Contract - Permanent
Hours - Full time 40 hours per week
Start Date - November/December 2021
The Role Summary
Our client is offering a fantastic opportunity for a Maintenance Manager to thrive in a passionate Property Services Department.
You will manage a maintenance department to ensure that the repairs service is responsive, effective and delivers customer satisfaction.
Your key duties within the role will include:
- To ensure the team provides a responsive repairs service and servicing programme that is cost effective, of a high standard and provides high levels of satisfaction.
- To ensure the accurate diagnosis of repairs and prompt allocation of operatives/contractors.
To follow up with residents and making good where required.
- To manage and supervise contracts for statutory compliance of servicing programmes such as gas, electric, water hygiene, asbestos, fire and others.
- To inspect and report on our client's properties and completed works, managing contractors, costs, timing and producing specifications (where needed) in line with the schedule of rates.
- To deal promptly and in a timely manner with all Environmental Health, fire notices or complaints from statutory authorities in liaison with the Head of Property Services.
- To deal promptly with resident and tenant insurance claims to lead on coordinating property actions and reports.
- To contribute to the resolution of residents' concerns, complaints and enquiries in liaison with the Senior Property Services Administrator to ensure effective communication, resolution and customer satisfaction.
- To represent the Association at contractor meetings, stakeholder meetings and resident meetings as required.
- To lead on property related emergency situations to ensure swift and appropriate resolution.
To conduct fire/flood impact damage inspections as required, complete insurance reports, specify works - liaise with the Head of Property Services to identify trends/underlying causes.
- To provide out of hours cover on an ad hoc basis and attend, when required, meetings outside of normal working hours with stakeholder groups and individuals.
- Lead on all void repairs with the assistance of Estate Coordinator for cleaning as required.
- DBS disclosure check
- Driving licence desirable
Experience (3-5 years +)
- Extensive experience in residential property maintenance at a senior level
- Experience of managing the work of contractors and consultants
Skills and Abilities
- Ability to use Microsoft office - in particular Outlook, Excel, Word to an intermediate level
- Ability to write clear and concise specifications & property reports recommending a course of action.
- Sound judgement and problem solving skills in relation to property matters
- Ability to understand and administer term building maintenance contracts and understand schedule of rates
- Ability to set and manage budgets - to schedule works in accordance with financial parameters
- Well organised, copes well under pressure, takes ownership, proactive, solution focused
If you are interested in this position and meet the above criteria, please send your CV now for consideration.
If you require any additional information regarding the position, please call Lewis at Service Care Solutions on 01772 208 966 or send an E-Mail to email@example.com
More Jobs from Service Care Solutions Ltd
- Leeds and York Admin
- Housing Worker
- SENIOR SUPPORT WORKER
- Band 4 Nurse Associate
- Marketing Manager
- Youth Offending Case Manager
- Investigative Support Officer
- Income Officer
- Technical Support Assistant
- Engagement Practitioner
- Private Client Solicitor
- Careline Social Worker
- Health & WellBeing Practitioner
- Support & Resettlement Worker
- Recovery Practitioner - Bexley
- Alcohol Recovery Practitioner - Chelmsford
- Waking Night Support Worker
- Support Worker
- Service Manager