A Housing Association based in Kent is currently recruiting for a Maintenance Surveyor to join their responsive repairs team as soon as possible.
This is a full time, temporary position and the ideal candidate will have 2 year's experience as a building surveyor in a maintenance environment carrying out pre and post inspection.
The purpose of the role is to provide a responsive repair and void surveying service for the association and to ensure that all properties owned and managed properties are maintained to the highest possible standards and that all statutory and regulatory requirements are met.
The main responsibility are:
- To ensure staff, residents, leaseholders, managing agencies and property owners are provided with a high standard of service
- To undertake the management of responsive repairs including taking corrective action where necessary and report regularly to the Senior Maintenance Surveyor on progress.
- To analyse and assess building defects, provide remedial proposals and prepare specifications for remedial repairs.
To ensure that specifications are up to date and meet current legislative standards
- Monitor the performance of contractors and consultants and provide reports to the Senior Maintenance Surveyor.
- At least 2 years' experience as a building surveyor in a maintenance environment carrying out pre and post inspections
- Experience of working with contractors using SOR and non SOR contracts.
- Membership of RICS, CIOB or similar professional organisation is desirable but not essential
- Excellent communication skills, ability to communicate clearly and effectively both orally and in written reports.
- Ability to use the appropriate IT tools to produce reports, documents, emails, including using Excel and Word to compile reports for different audiences.
The client is looking to move quickly with this role and as such are offering between £24 - £25 p/hour Umbrella Ltd (approx.
£585 - £606 p/week NET after deductions) dependant on experience and qualifications.
So if this position sounds of interest, email a copy of your up to date CV to firstname.lastname@example.org or call James at Service Care Construction on 01772 208967
Not interested in this role but know somebody who could be? Refer a friend today and receive up to £250 per referral if they are successfully placed by SC Construction!
- Start: ASAP
- Duration: Ongoing
- Rate: £24 - £25 per hour + Umbrella LTD
- Location: Sittingbourne, England
- Type: Contract
- Industry: Construction
- Recruiter: Service Care Solutions Ltd
- Tel: 01772 208 967
- Fax: 01772 471473
- Email: to view click here
- Posted: 2021-10-21 16:29:48 -
- View all Jobs from Service Care Solutions Ltd
More Jobs from Service Care Solutions Ltd
- Leeds and York Admin
- Housing Worker
- SENIOR SUPPORT WORKER
- Band 4 Nurse Associate
- Marketing Manager
- Youth Offending Case Manager
- Investigative Support Officer
- Income Officer
- Technical Support Assistant
- Engagement Practitioner
- Private Client Solicitor
- Careline Social Worker
- Health & WellBeing Practitioner
- Support & Resettlement Worker
- Recovery Practitioner - Bexley
- Alcohol Recovery Practitioner - Chelmsford
- Waking Night Support Worker
- Support Worker
- Service Manager