A Local Authority based in Tyne and Wear is currently recruiting for a Senior Property Surveyor to join their team as soon as possible.
This is a full time, temporary position and the ideal candidate will hold or be working towards a registration of RICS and have experience in acquisitions, valuations and disposals.
The purpose of the role is to contribute towards the formulation of strategy and policy for the effective management of the property portfolio of the Council.
The main responsibilities of the role:
- Provide, in liaison with the Property Manager and Team Leader, property advice to Council services and external clients (including acquisitions, valuations, disposal of surplus land and property management) to ensure that corporate objectives are achieved and financial returns maximised.
- To facilitate land development opportunities, including working with other Council services, private sector Developers and Housing Associations, to deliver new and social housing developments, in accordance with Council policies.
- To undertake commercial negotiations involving statutory valuations, right to buy and other valuations.
- To provide property management advice across the Council assets including; lettings, Landlord & Tenant work, rent reviews, lease renewals and consent applications.
- Knowledge of relevant legislation/technical aspects especially with regard to land development, sales, purchases, valuations and property management.
- Good presentation and negotiation skills
- Able to work to deadlines and deal with varying workloads
- Member of the RICS or working towards
- Full clean driving licence or access to mobility support
- Proven experience of property acquisition and disposals and property management
The client is looking to move quickly with this role and as such are offering between £22 - £23 p/hour Umbrella Ltd (approx.
£555 - £577 p/week NET after deductions) dependant on experience and qualifications.
So if this position sounds of interest, email a copy of your up to date CV to firstname.lastname@example.org or call James at Service Care Construction on 01772 208967
Not interested in this role but know somebody who could be? Refer a friend today and receive up to £250 per referral if they are successfully placed by SC Construction!
- Start: ASAP
- Duration: 6 Months
- Rate: £22 - £23 per hour + Umbrella LTD
- Location: Gateshead, England
- Type: Contract
- Industry: Construction
- Recruiter: Service Care Solutions Ltd
- Tel: 01772 208 967
- Fax: 01772 471473
- Email: to view click here
- Posted: 2021-09-29 13:33:41 -
- View all Jobs from Service Care Solutions Ltd
More Jobs from Service Care Solutions Ltd
- Social Worker
- Planning Lawyer
- Band 6 RMN
- Registered Nurse
- Planning And Assessment Social Worker
- Social Worker - Children and Families
- Home Care Assistant
- Relief HEART Responder
- Band 5 Community Nurse
- Service Manager
- Machine Operative
- Band 5 Server Engineer
- Humber Service Desk analayst
- CNC Operator
- Support Worker
- Residential Support Worker
- Planning Officer
- Crisis Recovery Worker
- MASH Social Worker
- Test Assistant