Testing Lead – FTC until end of March 2022
Competitive Salary DOE
Our client, a leading provider of life science solutions, are now looking for a Testing Lead to join their team on site in Milton Keynes for a prestigious project for a fixed term contract until end of March 2022.
The Testing Lead will be responsible for development and provision of internal validation services for software and data in support of laboratory operations and management.
Main duties and responsibilities:
- Lead the testing of workflows, interfaces and software components on our commercial Laboratory Information Management System (LIMS) and other internal software platforms including Finance, HR and Logistics.
- Lead the development of a testing function including processes and organisational structure, supporting the Informatics team manager in developing the same for the Informatics function.
- Lead investigations towards diagnosis of issues and their root cause analyses by designing quick tests, for issues relating to urgent problems with laboratory data and software.
- Leading the estimation of testing and work with Informatics team manager to ensure sufficient resources for it.
- Decide on the level of automation required in testing and put in place necessary tools and automation scripts for systems and data validation, monitoring and alerting.
- Develop test strategies on a variety of technical development and integration projects.
- Monitor, measure, control and report on test progress and completion, and test results, adapting plan as conditions evolve.
- Provide rapid response to the Exec Management Team’s requests for validating deployed software on the fly and in response to critical situations.
- Analyse, design and execute test cases and procedures to monitor and maintain high performance and reliability of laboratory IT solutions.
- Design test environments and put them in place working with IT infrastructure team and other Informatics team members.
- Grasp scientific and business data models and ensure testing sufficiently covers data – its quality and utility in the context of scientific and business processes.
- Contribute to designing solutions of a highly technical nature pertaining to lab operations and business operations, around validation and testability.
- Contribute to developing internal solutions delivery standards, documentation, tools, methods, and environments, aimed at standardising methods across all Informatics work undertaken in the organisation.
- Collaborate closely with the IT Infrastructure team to test solution deployments for security, availability, reliability and other performance parameters.
- Interact extensively with clinical LIMS administrators, senior lab operatives, and the lab management team, helping them identify issues with their current informatics set up and proposing solutions to the Informatics team for continuous improvements.
Essential Qualifications and Experience:
- 5+ years of demonstrated software testing experience – including test engineering, test automation, validation planning and designing test cases on complex data-driven projects.
- 2+ years of leading testing teams in a combination of legacy and modern technical environments and processes (including in a DevOps set-up)
- 2+ years of deep exposure to business application software such as ERP for Finance, HR
- 2+ years of deep exposure to scientific environments including biological applications.
- Formal training and certification in testing and other technical subjects including software engineering.
Essential Technical Skills:
- Strong CI/CD experience to support a DevOps setup.
- Experience in TDD/BDD environments and tools like Gherkin.
- Strong understanding and experience implementing automated tools and frameworks.
- Knowledge of formal defect management.
- Ability to work with a variety of databases and knowledgebases.
- Strong abilities with at least a couple of relational databases and a couple of non-relational databases.
- Knowledge of scripting and coding using Python/ Java/ SQL, including using Python to manipulate flat files (JSON, XML, CSV) and interface with databases.
- Ability to plan testing of dashboard/reporting solutions such as PowerBI
- Proficiency on the linux platform
- Git software management tools Desirable Experience
- Relational database design and usage, specifically in Postgre
- Experience of the bioscience sector would be beneficial, particularly working with laboratory information management systems (LIMS).
- Basic Linux systems administration at the command line, including editors and file management.
- Data manipulation libraries (numpy, pandas, pyodbc) and GUI development (kivy, tkinter, PyQt5)
*For a confidential discussion and more detailed job description please call Tony on 0203 750 0575.
- Rate: Market related
- Location: Milton Keynes
- Type: Contract
- Industry: IT
- Recruiter: Elite Executive Search & Selection Ltd
- Contact: Tony Ward
- Email: to view click here
- Reference: TW190
- Posted: 2021-09-17 16:26:37 -
- View all Jobs from Elite Executive Search & Selection Ltd
More Jobs from Elite Executive Search & Selection Ltd
- Quality Officer -Scientific 17025
- Associate Principal Scientist -Genetic Sequencing
- Principal Scientist
- Senior Biomedical Scientist
- Associate Practitioner / Lab Tech Band 4
- Scientific Quality Assurance Manager- FTC 6 months
- Test Scientist -18 month Temp Role
- LAMP Site Representative
- Covid Screening Program Shift Manager - Leicester
- Environmental Officer, Long term Temp role
- Biomedical Scientist - Leicester
- Incident Officer, 18 months Lon Term Temp role
- Software Developer
- Software Developer
- HR Coordinator
- Onboarding Manager
- Onboarding Coordinator
- Bioinformatician -Loughborough
- Bioinformatician -Wolverhampton
- Laboratory Operations Manager