Informatics Data Engineer
Informatics Data Engineer – FTC until end of March 2022
Competitive Salary DOE
Our client, a leading provider of life science solutions are now looking for a Informatics Data Engineer to support their work with Covid-19 testing and clinical trials for a fixed term contract until end of March 2022.
The main purpose of the role is to develop the data pipeline centred around LIMS data through automation; to be responsible for engineering a highly robust pipeline delivering high quality, timely and accurate data
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES OF THE Informatics DATA ENGINEER:
- The Informatics Data Engineer will multiple data pipelines to make access to raw data easier, optimising data retrieval and processing
- Manage and organise data, while monitoring data for trends and inconsistencies
- Lead investigations towards diagnosis of issues, their root cause analyses by designing quick tests, for issues relating to urgent problems with laboratory data
- Construct, test and maintain secure data architectures to align with business and customer needs
- Implement reliable and efficient data ingestion, processing and dissemination methods
- Support business and Informatics in problem-solving around unearthing and packaging data in the right manner to suit business needs
- Deploy and test analytics and statistical programs
- Support the business and Informatics team in identifying and demonstrating opportunities for applying machine learning and other sophisticated statistical methods
- Prepare data for multivarious purposes – reporting (periodic, ad hoc), analytics and visualisation
- Provide rapid response to Exec Management Team’s requests for datasets for reporting and insight generation purposes
- Support the testing lead in designing test environments for data validation and help deploy those working with IT and Informatics teams
- Develop deep knowledge and expertise in laboratory data – its characteristics, behaviour-induced quirks – to help extract maximum value out of it
- Contribute to developing internal data delivery standards, documentation, tools, methods, and environments, aimed at standardising methods across all Informatics work undertaken in the organisation
- Interact extensively with clinical LIMS administrators, Informatics team, senior lab operatives, and the lab management team, helping them identify issues with their current data estate and proposing solutions to the Informatics team for continuous improvements
Essential Qualifications and Experience
- 5+ years of demonstrated data and database experience – including data administration, manipulation, data pipeline engineering, data processing automation, data validation – in sophisticated data environments
- 3+ years of data engineering experience – pipeline construction, data preparation and curation, data API design and implementation, deployment of analytical models and model execution
- 2+ years of deep exposure to scientific environments including biological applications.
- Formal training and certification in data engineering and other technical subjects including software engineering
- SQL, NoSQL
- Strong abilities with at least a couple of relational databases and a couple of non-relational databases.
- Data warehousing – experience with a couple of warehousing technologies
- ETL tool skills – Talend, Oracle or Informatica
- Strong CI/CD experience to support a DevOps setup.
- Experience in TDD/BDD environments
- Strong understanding and experience implementing automated tools and frameworks.
- Ability to work with a variety of databases and knowledgebases.
- Strong skills in algorithms and data structures
- Strong skills in Data API design
- Knowledge of scripting and coding using Python/ Java/ SQL/ Scala
- Advanced Python skills - using data manipulation libraries (numpy, pandas, pyodbc) and using Python to manipulate flat files (JSON, XML, CSV) and interface with databases.
- Proficiency on the Linux platform
- Working skills in a GIT/ Agile/ JIRA environment
- LIMS exeprience
- Experience of the bioscience sector would be beneficial, particularly working with laboratory information management systems (LIMS).
- Basic Linux systems administration at the command line, including editors and file management.
*For a confidential discussion and more detailed Job Spec please contact Tony on 0203 750 0575
- Rate: Market related
- Location: Milton Keynes
- Type: Contract
- Industry: IT
- Recruiter: Elite Executive Search & Selection Ltd
- Contact: Tony Ward
- Email: to view click here
- Reference: TW260
- Posted: 2021-09-17 16:26:28 -
- View all Jobs from Elite Executive Search & Selection Ltd
More Jobs from Elite Executive Search & Selection Ltd
- Software Developer
- HR Coordinator
- Onboarding Manager
- Onboarding Coordinator
- Bioinformatician -Loughborough
- Bioinformatician -Wolverhampton
- Associate Practitioner / Lab Tech Band 4
- Laboratory Operations Manager
- LAMP Site Representative
- Quality & Food Safety Manager - HACCP Qualified
- Covid Screening Program Shift Manager - Leicester
- Sample Data Analyst
- Biomedical Scientist - Leicester
- LIMS Super User
- Data Scientists 18 month Long-term Temp roles
- Quality Administrator/ Officer FTC
- Temperature Mapping Technician (CSE)
- Health and Safety Advisor
- LIMS Administrator Nights 4 on & 4 off shifts
- Head of Science Support & Development