Technical IT Support Operator
Service Care Solutions are currently recruiting for a local Police force in Manchester for a Technical IT Operator.
This role is a full time position on a fixed term 3 month contract.
Purpose of the role -
- Provides 2nd line technical support to GMP in respect of End User Computing, utilising supplier expertise where required.
- Prioritises, plans and co-ordinates multiple suppliers and internal Technical Operations Analysts (EUC) to install, decommission, repair and dispose IT Equipment (software / hardware), in alignment to agreed Service Level Agreements (SLA).
- Organises local administration and installation activities where these are not covered by Managed Service Contracts.
- Ensures the successful delivery and installation of end user computing devices on-site.
- Maintains a forward schedule of installation work.
- Reviews resource requirements and requests and manages temporary staff as necessary.
- Provides 2nd line of support for troubleshooting IT issues, answering queries and providing advice.
- Accountable for break/fix, configuration issues, troubleshooting, software / hardware installations, backups, testing and hardware repair, often ‘on-site'.
- Uses the IT Service Management Tool to receive record, progress and close down work requests.
- Undertakes initial assessment of work requests by considering existing work already undertaken by 1st line of support, suppliers and others.
To be considered for this role you must have -
- A Degree or significant relevant experience
- Substantial experience of working in an IT Service Desk customer focused environment, providing 2nd level technical support.
- Experience of agreeing process and standards with third party vendors.
- Experience of working closely with multiple third party vendors, to plan and deliver large scale IT equipment installation, repair, decommission and disposal within agreed timescales, SLAs and standards
If you are interested, would like further information or have any questions please do not hesitate to call Mark Arthur on 01772 208 962 or email Mark.Arthur@servicecare.org.uk
Please Note - Due to high volumes of applications we can only respond to successful candidates.
This role WILL be subject to Enhanced Police Vetting.
More Jobs from Service Care Solutions Ltd
- Band 6 Pharmacy Technician
- Psychological Wellbeing Practitioner
- Service Charge Officer
- Children's Social Worker
- Reablement Practitioner
- Care Assistant
- Care Assistant
- Social Worker
- Hartlepool - Medical Secretary.
- Neighbourhood Officer
- Business support assistant
- Works Planner
- Head of Regulatory Services
- Legal Officer - Childcare
- Property Lawyer