Environmental Health Officer
A Local Authority based in West Lancashire is currently recruiting for an Environmental Health Officer to join their Environmental and Community Protection Service.
This is a full time, temporary position and the ideal candidate will hold a BSc Degree in Environmental Health or the Diploma in Environmental Health or their equivalent and registration by the EHORB and have knowledge and experience of legal proceedings.
The purpose of the role is to supervise and participate in the work of the environmental protection section of the Environmental and Community Protection Service.
The main responsibilities of the role are:
To be responsible for the day-to-day supervision and management of the Environmental Protection Section of the Service and to ensure that an efficient and effective service is provided and to ensure that all work is carried out on time and within pre-set deadlines.
To develop, monitor, maintain and revise, as necessary, work programmes, procedures, work instructions and risk assessments relevant to the work of the Section.
To respond to complaints and inspect premises/land under all relevant environmental protection and public health legislation, having regard to agreed Procedures, Work Instructions, Policies and Codes of Practice; to advise on standards and take informal or formal enforcement action as necessary.
Such complaints will include noise, odour, drainage issues, light, contaminated land, filthy or verminous premises and land which may attract or harbour public health pests.
To keep the Environmental Health Manager informed about controversial and sensitive issues and about the level of performance of technical staff and Environmental Health Officers and to attend such meetings as required by the Environmental Health Manager.
Requirements for the role:
- BSc Degree in Environmental Health or the Diploma in Environmental Health or their equivalent and registration by the EHORB
- Full clean driving licence
- Knowledge and experience of legal proceedings
- Current knowledge of relevant work areas
- Experience of supervising Environmental Health Officers and Technical support staff
- Capable of dealing with the public and representatives of private sector organisations with tact, and with firmness when required
The client is looking to move quickly with this role and as such are offering between £22 - £24 p/hour Umbrella Ltd (approx.
£555 - £600 p/week NET after deductions) dependant on experience and qualifications.
So if this position sounds of interest, email a copy of your up to date CV to email@example.com or call James at Service Care Construction on 01772 208967
Not interested in this role but know somebody who could be? Refer a friend today and receive up to £250 per referral if they are successfully placed by SC Construction!
- Start: ASAP
- Duration: Ongoing
- Rate: £22 - £24 per hour + Umbrella LTD
- Location: Skelmersdale, England
- Type: Contract
- Industry: Construction
- Recruiter: Service Care Solutions Ltd
- Tel: 01772 208 967
- Fax: 01772 471473
- Email: to view click here
- Posted: 2021-09-08 12:47:01 -
- View all Jobs from Service Care Solutions Ltd
More Jobs from Service Care Solutions Ltd
- Band 6 Pharmacy Technician
- Psychological Wellbeing Practitioner
- Service Charge Officer
- Children's Social Worker
- Reablement Practitioner
- Care Assistant
- Care Assistant
- Social Worker
- Hartlepool - Medical Secretary.
- Neighbourhood Officer
- Business support assistant
- Works Planner
- Head of Regulatory Services
- Legal Officer - Childcare
- Property Lawyer