Biomedical Scientist – temp contract until end of February 2022
Our esteemed clients are now looking to grow their scientific team with an experienced Biomedical Scientist, band 6.
You will work with and supervise a laboratory team to provide a mobile laboratory testing service.
but is not limited to, the use of any combination of the following techniques/methods:
- Nucleic extraction
- PCR amplification
- 5-Exonuclease assays
- (RT-) LAMP
The post-holder will be responsible for authorising results and troubleshooting equipment problems for a number of mobile units
KEY WORKING RELATIONSHIPS
The post holder will be required to develop and maintain effective working relationships with:
- MPU laboratory staff
- MPU logistics staff
- Operations Manager
- Quality Manager
- Training Lead
- RMI support and hub staff
KEY JOB RESPOSIBILITIES
Clinical / Scientific / Technical
3. Undertake specialised analytical work
4. Participate in the rosters as required.
5. Take delegated responsibility for the quality control, operation, routine maintenance and troubleshooting of equipment and report any out of consensus results for investigation.
6. Ensure that personal work activity is managed to make effective use of time and maintain an adequate supply of laboratory consumables, reagents and equipment.
7. Ensure the competent and efficient use of computerised data management systems.
8. Maintain and develop standards of laboratory policies and procedures to ensure that the department meets National External Quality Assurance and Accreditation standards.
9. Ensure that safe working practices are followed in accordance with the Safety Policy.
10. Ensure compliance with all statutory and legislative requirements
11. Work flexibly and undertake other duties commensurate with the grade as required.
12. To participate in the provision of a reliable high quality analytical service that meets nationally accepted standards (UKAS or equivalent).
14. Participate in clinical audit and clinical governance.
15. Assist the department with the continuous improvement of the Quality Management System.
Training relevant to this post, including safety aspects in the handling of biological material, will be given.
The post holder will work generally in a laboratory environment and may be required to sit or stand at the bench for prolonged periods.
It is expected that the role will involve light to moderate physical effort including use of a VDU and IT systems.
The post holder will be exposed to potentially infectious pathological samples on a daily basis with occasional exposure to other risks e.g., chemicals encountered in the laboratory.
Insignia Recruit and our clients are equal opportunities employers, value diversity and are strongly committed to providing equal employment opportunities for all employees and all applicants for employment.
Equal opportunities are the only acceptable way to conduct business and we believe that the more inclusive our environments are, the better our work will be.
- Rate: Market related
- Location: Peterborough
- Type: Contract
- Industry: Science
- Recruiter: Elite Executive Search & Selection Ltd
- Contact: Amy Ann Elsley
- Tel: 000
- Email: to view click here
- Reference: VHB00171
- Posted: 2021-09-02 16:52:23 -
- View all Jobs from Elite Executive Search & Selection Ltd
More Jobs from Elite Executive Search & Selection Ltd
- TVG Scientific Advisor (Genomics)
- C# .NET Developer / Back End Developer
- Testing Lead
- Informatics Data Engineer
- Senior UX Designer
- Java Developer
- Quality Manager FTC 18 Months
- Contract Manager
- Lab Technician
- Senior Biomedical Scientist
- Lab Technician
- Junior Web Developer
- Laboratory Operations Manager
- Biomedical Scientist - Leicester
- Covid Screening Program Shift Manager - Leicester
- Trainee Lab Technician
- HR Administrator CIPD Level 3 or 5
- LIMS Administrator Wolverhampton
- Flexographic Label Printer
- Business Engagement & Internal Communications Manager