Assistant Accountant - Police
Service Care Solutions are looking for an Assistant Account to work on a full-time, long-term contract in Wakefield.
This role will be based with a local police force.
To assist in the provision of accounting services to ensure effective management of
police resources within districts/departments, areas of regional and national
responsibility and across a range of centralised capabilities at Force level.
The main responsibilities of this role are:
Maintain and reconcile the Force's financial records to ensure the accuracy and validity of the data that underpins the organisation's accounts.
Supporting development of financial systems in response to internal/ external changes.
Assist in the production od the annual financial accounts in accordance with the Code of Practice on on Local Authority Accounting within pre-determined timescales in order to meet all statutory requirements.
- Holds an AAT or equivalent qualification
- Significant post qualification experience and consistently demonstrates a high level of
- Experience of spreadsheets and using computerised financial packages. Essential
- Detailed knowledge and experience of financial procedures, financial systems, cost centre structures and spend control
- Experience of data extraction and reporting where applicable Essential
This is a police-based role, so applicants will be subject to police security checks.
It is advised that applicants have a clean DBS/CRB within the last 3 years.
If you are interested in this vacancy, please ring 01772 208962 and ask to speak to Martin Cookson.
- Start: ASAP
- Duration: 12 months +
- Rate: £15.44 - £16.44 per hour
- Location: Wakefield, England
- Type: Contract
- Industry: Secreterial
- Recruiter: Service Care Solutions Ltd
- Tel: 01772 208962
- Fax: 01772 471473
- Email: to view click here
- Posted: 2021-09-01 23:40:01 -
- View all Jobs from Service Care Solutions Ltd
More Jobs from Service Care Solutions Ltd
- Legal Assistant - Housing
- Children's support worker
- Grounds Maintenance
- Grounds Maintenance
- Quantity Surveyor
- Care Assistant
- Void property manager
- HCPC registered Band 6 Social Worker
- Clinical Psychologist
- Senior DMT Admin - Lanchester Road Hospital
- Highways Engineer
- Principle Engineer Asset Management
- Principle Engineer
- Mental Healthcare Assistant
- Investigator - Enquiry Officer (Major Investigations) - Police
- Switchboard Operator
- Mental Health Support Worker
- Band 7 Palliative Care Nurse
- Court of Protection Lawyer
- Contracts & Procurement Officer