Waste Team Leader
A Local Authority based in West Yorkshire is currently recruiting for a Waste Team Leader to join their waste management team as soon as possible.
This is a full time, temporary position with the ideal candidate having experience working in a waste environment with management of operations and/or fleet management.
The purpose of the role is to lead and manage an efficient, customer focused, and high-quality domestic waste collection service for the local authority.
The main responsibilities of the role are:
- Undertake day to day supervision within a designated area of responsibility, and on a city-wide basis when required, with management and monitoring to ensure that allocated tasks are completed safely, to schedule and agreed standards
- Coordinate crews and services, communicate with managers and others on any service/route/crew issues either verbally or through service update reports, and ensure forward planning to deal with any service failures when required.
- Take responsibility, when required, for ensuring the service is fully crewed and that fleet resources are available to ensure the service is delivered.
- Work with Fleet Services and assist in the coordination of vehicle fleet across the services and, where required, ensure that vehicles are in a safe, clean and serviceable condition.
- Investigate and resolve complaints regarding the service in accordance with the Council's Complaints Policy.
- Ensure that all Health and Safety protocols are implemented in line with relevant legislation, corporate performance and industry standards and good practice.
- Promote a positive health and safety culture within the service by ensuring communication, control, co-ordination and co-operation is maintained within the service and any other appropriate stakeholder
- Investigate and report on incidents/accidents.
- Managing within operational environments
- Dealing with challenging conversations
- Knowledge of waste and recycling
- Customer focused
- Good IT and systems skills
- Working within a team
The client is looking to move quickly with this role and as such are offering between £17 p/hour Umbrella Ltd (approx.
£445 p/week NET after deductions) dependant on experience and qualifications.
So if this position sounds of interest, email a copy of your up to date CV to email@example.com or call James at Service Care Construction on 01772 208967
Not interested in this role but know somebody who could be? Refer a friend today and receive up to £250 per referral if they are successfully placed by SC Construction!
- Start: ASAP
- Duration: Short term
- Rate: Up to £17 per annum + Umbrella LTD
- Location: Leeds, England
- Type: Contract
- Industry: Construction
- Recruiter: Service Care Solutions Ltd
- Tel: 01772 208 967
- Fax: 01772 471473
- Email: to view click here
- Posted: 2021-08-24 09:06:08 -
- View all Jobs from Service Care Solutions Ltd
More Jobs from Service Care Solutions Ltd
- Crisis Recovery Worker
- MASH Social Worker
- Test Assistant
- Band 6 Dietitian
- Works Planner
- Electrician Inspect and Test
- Multi Trade
- Mental Healthcare Assistant
- Health Care Assistant
- Commercial Property Solicitor
- Occupational Therapist
- Nottingham Network Technician
- Floating Support Worker
- Band 6 Senior EPR Developer
- Team Secretary
- Resident Liaison Officer
- Transport Officer
- Subject Access Request Officer
- Contract Manager - NHS Ardem and Greater East Midlands CSU