A Local Authority based in West Yorkshire is currently recruiting for a Building Surveyor to join their Adaptations team as soon as possible.
This is a full time, temporary position and the ideal candidate will have a experience working with Disabled Adaptations and in social housing, ideally with local authority experience.
The purpose of the role is to monitor the contracts in place for the provision of adaptations and equipment, for example stair lifts and other Building Contracts, and along with the Team Leader Surveyor will consider and procure new contracts where necessary, including the development of existing contracts.
The main responsibilities of the role are:
- You will assist the Team Leader Surveyor in monitoring and managing adaptation budgets, including authorising grant payments and Disabled Facilities Grant approvals.
- Ensuring all equipment installations meet relevant legislation and safety standards and are provided within agreed timescales and fit for purpose.
- Monitor criteria for re-use of stairlifts/hoist and maintain a healthy stock of equipment for palliative care issue and interim measures.
- Experience in; building surveying, property inspections, providing specifications, basic scale drawings, and knowledge/experience in the provision of advice and assessment of the housing needs of disabled people.
- Experience of managing resources including experience of budget management.
- Knowledge of Health and Safety issues and policies relating to construction and building.
- Some knowledge of contract management and procurement techniques.
- Good level of IT knowledge and skills including Microsoft Office.
- Experience of presenting information in formats suitable for a variety of audiences.
- Travel will be an essential part of your role and therefore it would be extremely difficult for you to do your job effectively if you did not use a car for most of the time.
- It is essential that you hold a full and valid driving license and it is expected that you will either use a council vehicle or your own car.
Expects that an Enhanced DBS check will be required.
The client is looking to move quickly with this role and as such are offering between £16 p/hour Umbrella Ltd (approx.
£530 p/week NET after deductions) dependant on experience and qualifications.
So if this position sounds of interest, email a copy of your up to date CV to firstname.lastname@example.org or call James at Service Care Construction on 01772 208967
Not interested in this role but know somebody who could be? Refer a friend today and receive up to £250 per referral if they are successfully placed by SC Construction!
- Start: ASAP
- Duration: Ongoing
- Rate: Up to £16 per hour + Umbrella LTD
- Location: Huddersfield, England
- Type: Contract
- Industry: Construction
- Recruiter: Service Care Solutions Ltd
- Tel: 01772 208 967
- Fax: 01772 471473
- Email: to view click here
- Posted: 2021-08-23 13:27:17 -
- View all Jobs from Service Care Solutions Ltd
More Jobs from Service Care Solutions Ltd
- Residential Support Worker
- Royal Orhtapaedic: Imaging Medical Sec
- Rent Arrears Officer
- Support Worker
- Neighbourhood Officer
- Community Assessor
- Admin Aylesbury
- Housing Team Coordinator
- Healthcare Assistant
- Multi Trade Bathroom Fitter
- Warehouse Operative
- MIG Welder
- Support Worker
- ADHOC RMN in Dorking
- RMN in Thatcham
- RMN Female low secure CAMHS
- RMN / RNLD locum role in Hassocks
- Recover Practitioner (Alcohol Specialist)