Fire Safety Adviser Officer
Are you looking for a new challenge inside the NHS in the Stafford-shire area.
Do you have 5 years previous fire safety experience and are familiar with NHS or similar healthcare setting/local authority knowledge.
Our client in the NHS is looking to take on a Fire safety advisor to come and help out with the NHS.
Pay rate: £16.56 PAYE
- Deputise for the Trust Fire Safety Manager (Specialist) as
- Work closely with the Facilities and Estates team and others in the identification and assessment of fire risks in healthcare premises, using the techniques of Fire Code and relevant Health Technical Memorandums (HTM's) and assisting with reports to management, recommending prioritised actions in respect of fire safety
- Prepare and deliver training programmes for all staff employed in NHS premises, liaising with the nominated officer (fire) in the organisation of regular fire drills and staff training, witnessing the effectiveness, or otherwise, of the fire drills and recommending remedial action when necessary and arranging for accurate records of staff training and fire drills to be kept centrally and at each workplace.
- Provide advice and education to all levels of staff along with training department
- Manage and supervise adequate provision, location and effective maintenance of all first aid, fire- fighting equipment, fire safety signs, notices,
- Provides advice, guidance and support to the Directorate, Department and staff on related risk management issues that affect the Trust, its employees and others using Trust facilities in relation to fire
- Assist in reviewing relevant policies and monitor the effectiveness of those policies and propose improvements to the Facilities and Estates Directorate to reduce the risk to patients, staff and others using Trust
- Liaise with enforcement agencies as
- Advise Directors, managers and staff as necessary on relevant legislation, regulations, and codes of practice which have a direct impact on the safe working of the Trust.
To assist in the interpretation of new legislation and to advise on appropriate courses of
- In support of the Fire Safety Manager, work closely with the Trust's Health and Safety Advisor and Security Management Specialist and other key stakeholders in the appropriate commissioning of
- Assists with the management of all safety related information, statutory returns, appraisals and development of services within the
- Investigating any untoward fire incidents and prepare full reports and advise senior managers of the Trust
- Deputise and chair on behalf of the department at key groups / forums and meetings related to core responsibilities and support the department wide services.
- Support the Fire Safety Manager with budget setting and spend controls related to Fire Safety plans.
- Responsible for the procurement or maintenance of some physical assets or supplies for the service.
- The post holder is expected to have a clear understanding and share the Mission, Values and Behaviours of the Trust which defines our culture.
All staff are required to promote and adhere to these.
- Responsible for promoting a positive work
- Responsible for maintaining own core competences and CPD register along with supporting department wide training and development
- Applicants should be confident in their own abilities and keen learners in order to fulfil the role to the best of your ability.
If this sounds like you, and if you want to discuss the role further then please contact Matt at service care solutions on 01772 208 953.
Alternatively, please email.
- Start: ASAP
- Duration: Ongoing
- Rate: £16.55 - £16.56 per hour
- Location: Stafford, England
- Type: Contract
- Industry: Secreterial
- Recruiter: Service Care Solutions Ltd
- Tel: 01772 208 953
- Fax: 01772 471473
- Email: to view click here
- Posted: 2021-08-19 23:40:01 -
- View all Jobs from Service Care Solutions Ltd
More Jobs from Service Care Solutions Ltd
- Grounds Maintenance
- Grounds Maintenance
- Quantity Surveyor
- Care Assistant
- Void property manager
- HCPC registered Band 6 Social Worker
- Clinical Psychologist
- Senior DMT Admin - Lanchester Road Hospital
- Highways Engineer
- Principle Engineer Asset Management
- Principle Engineer
- Mental Healthcare Assistant
- Investigator - Enquiry Officer (Major Investigations) - Police
- Switchboard Operator
- Mental Health Support Worker
- Band 7 Palliative Care Nurse
- Court of Protection Lawyer
- Contracts & Procurement Officer
- Court of Protection Paralegal
- Housing Services Coordinator