Housing Support Worker
An East-Anglia based housing association is recruiting for a Housing Support Worker to work on a part-time basis, with vulnerable women with complex needs, from their service in Norwich.
The focus of this Housing Support Worker role to provide a housing related support role to women with complex needs, supporting them to improve their wellbeing, make links with their local communities and manage their homes, working alongside people to support them in meeting their potential in all areas of their lives.
You will be responsible for the delivery of high quality support in the accommodation services.
Additional tasks and responsibilities will include:
- Work in partnership with clients to provide the best possible service
- Assist clients to develop an individual support & safety plan by identifying goals and assessing barriers to reaching goals
- Advise on tenancy issues, welfare benefits, financial and budgeting matters
- Address practical and emotional needs - from helping clients to find employment, training or educational opportunities, to enabling them to grow in social confidence
- Foster hope and create the conditions in which people can be enabled to live independently and be empowered.
Support people to recover meaning, purpose, choice and control in their lives.
- Ensure the safety of clients, staff and the wider community.
- Develop close links with the local community, promoting a greater understanding of people with support needs whilst promoting equality, diversity, accessibility and inclusion.
Challenge discrimination and stigma and work to the social model of disability.
- Deliver individual and groups support sessions with clients
- Plan, monitor, evaluate and report on work with clients
To be considered for this Housing Support Worker vacancy, you will require previous experience working as a support worker with complex needs, but will also require housing knowledge.
Due to the nature of clients you will be supporting in this role, to apply you will require an enhanced DBS on the update service.
This is a part time Housing Support Worker role, working 22.5hrs per week for approximately 3 months.
If this Housing Support Worker role is not suitable for yourself, but you know someone who may be interested, please pass on their details, or forward these details to them.
If they are successful in applying, you will receive a £250 referral bonus upon completion of an initial probationary period.
How to Apply
If you are interested in this Housing Support Worker role, please send your CV lee .
mc millan @ service care .
uk or call me on 01 772 20 89 66 discuss the vacancy in more detail.
Also, if this Housing Support Worker role doesn't interest you, but you are looking for new opportunities, please still get in touch as I cover all housing-related vacancies across the region
More Jobs from Service Care Solutions Ltd
- Relief HEART Responder
- Band 5 Community Nurse
- Service Manager
- Machine Operative
- Band 5 Server Engineer
- Humber Service Desk analayst
- CNC Operator
- Support Worker
- Residential Support Worker
- Planning Officer
- Crisis Recovery Worker
- MASH Social Worker
- Test Assistant
- Band 6 Dietitian
- Works Planner
- Electrician Inspect and Test
- Multi Trade
- Mental Healthcare Assistant
- Health Care Assistant