A Local Authority based in South Yorkshire is currently recruiting for a operations and development manager to join their social housing team.
This is a full time, temporary position and the ideal candidate will have experience of working within an operational, delivery focused setting, managing a range of projects as part of a multi-disciplinary team, and be looking for a challenging role within a fast paced environment.
The purpose of the role is to join the Asset Management and Programme Works team which sits within the Place portfolio, managing a capital budget of circa £50m of investment in council homes.
This role supports the capital investment projects delivery from inception to completion of works on site including the adaptations programme and provide management support to the the Design and Specifications as well as the Asbestos team.
The main responsibilities of the role are:
- Manage and assist in leading the Service and to ensure innovative, high quality, continually improving and customer-focused service delivery across all of its functions.
- Operational responsibility and guidance for the Service and its full range of activities.
- To develop policies, strategies and organisational outcomes for the Council Housing Service, and for the wider Council as appropriate.
- Manage the building-related standards, policies and product design specifications in relation to capital projects.
To Manage value engineering specification and standards board for the housing stock and relevant non-property assets to manage existing and introduction of new standards when appropriate (both capital and revenue funded activity)
Support the Service Manager in developing the work of the Service in a way which supports service objectives and priorities beyond the boundaries of the Council Housing Service - in particular working closely with and on behalf of other teams within the Housing and Neighbourhoods Service where appropriate.
Manage in-house and external surveying staff.
To contribute to the development of plans to improve the energy efficiency of the housing stock and relevant non-property assets.
Ensure the Asbestos Policy is adhered to by all contractors, council staff and customers, that Asbestos register is accessible and accurate, and prepare and monitor the 5 year plan for managing asbestos risks
- To demonstrate an in depth knowledge of customer's changing requirements in order to deliver high quality, good value, responsive services which are accessible to all.
- Proven achievements as a manager in a related field, including in the areas of performance management and managing change
- Experience of working effectively and in cooperation with partners, networks and stakeholders
- Experience of ensuring high professional standards are maintained and compliance with appropriate procedures and statutory requirements
- Experience of managing and being accountable for budgets
- A minimum of HND / HNC in building construction.
- The post-holder will be expected to achieve the P405 Asbestos Management qualification within 12 months of appointment
The client is looking to move quickly with this role and as such are offering £24 p/hour Umbrella Ltd.
So if this position sounds of interest, email a copy of your up to date CV to firstname.lastname@example.org or call James at Service Care Construction on 01772 208967
Not interested in this role but know somebody who could be? Refer a friend today and receive up to £250 per referral if they are successfully placed by SC Construction!
- Start: ASAP
- Duration: Ongoing
- Rate: Up to £24 per hour + Umbrella LTD
- Location: Sheffield, England
- Type: Contract
- Industry: Construction
- Recruiter: Service Care Solutions Ltd
- Tel: 01772 208 967
- Fax: 01772 471473
- Email: to view click here
- Posted: 2021-08-12 15:44:07 -
- View all Jobs from Service Care Solutions Ltd
More Jobs from Service Care Solutions Ltd
- Grounds Maintenance
- Quantity Surveyor
- Care Assistant
- Void property manager
- HCPC registered Band 6 Social Worker
- Clinical Psychologist
- Senior DMT Admin - Lanchester Road Hospital
- Highways Engineer
- Principle Engineer Asset Management
- Principle Engineer
- Mental Healthcare Assistant
- Investigator - Enquiry Officer (Major Investigations) - Police
- Switchboard Operator
- Mental Health Support Worker
- Band 7 Palliative Care Nurse
- Court of Protection Lawyer
- Contracts & Procurement Officer
- Court of Protection Paralegal
- Housing Services Coordinator
- Housing Services Coordinator