Quality Manager - Leicester
Quality Manager – temp contract until end of February 2022
Under the direction of the Clinical, Laboratory and Operational Directors, the successful Quality Manager will be required to design, implement, and maintain the Quality Management System (QMS) for the client’s led DHSC supported COVID-19 LAMP Screening Program.
The program is currently being established to offer asymptomatic individuals a saliva based direct LAMP COVID-19 test.
In particular, the post holder will work towards and then maintain the required UKAS accreditation and reporting of DHSC KPIs.
Ideally the post holder will be a registered Biomedical Scientist or an individual with equivalent experience and will therefore be required to maintain the skills and knowledge in line with professional standards and accreditation requirements.
Main duties and responsibilities:
- Take the lead role in developing and maintaining the required Quality related documentation for UKAS accreditation.
- Be responsible for the ongoing production, review and implementation of Standard Operating Procedures and policies used in the maintenance of the QMS, introducing changes using appropriate change and document controls.
- Deliver regular update reports to the Senior Management Team regarding the functioning and effectiveness of the QMS including non-conformances, change management and any relevant legislation changes
- Support individual Shift Managers in the completion of audit activity ensuring that all agreed follow up actions are completed within agreed timescales.
- Represent the Programme with reference to Quality Management at meetings with external organisations including UKAS and DHSC.
- Chair monthly Quality meetings with team members to update and review UKAS and service quality aspects including non-conformance and change management.
- Liaise with the Operations Manager in co-ordinating a programme of internal audits against defined quality performance indicators, ensuring that any actions agreed are taken.
- Carry out long term strategic planning to ensure adequate quality systems in place to support UKAS accreditation.
Essential criteria and qualifications:
- State Registered BMS (HCPC) or equivalent.
- MSc or equivalent Postgraduate qualification.
- Evidence of experience in relevant Quality management and maintaining documents and procedures to ISO 17025 and/or ISO 15189 accreditation standards.
- Have relevant experience working in a laboratory environment.
- Evidence of significant influencing and change management skills
- Evidence of excellent communication skills and be able to clearly discuss quality concepts and regulations to a wide ranging audience
- Evidence of ability to provide and receive highly complex information
- Evidence of excellent team working skills
- Evidence of excellent attention to detail
- Be responsive to problems and have ability to meet deadlines.
- Flexible to meet the needs of the service.
- General IT skills.
- 5 years specialist experience with at least 2 years of supervisory/management experience.
- Relevant Quality Management qualifications.
- Evidence of project management skills.
*For a confidential discussion and more detailed Job Spec please contact Tony on 0203 750 0575
- Rate: Market related
- Location: Leicester
- Type: Contract
- Industry: Construction
- Recruiter: Elite Executive Search & Selection Ltd
- Contact: Tony Ward
- Email: to view click here
- Reference: TW250
- Posted: 2021-08-04 15:24:44 -
- View all Jobs from Elite Executive Search & Selection Ltd
More Jobs from Elite Executive Search & Selection Ltd
- Principal Scientist
- Senior Biomedical Scientist
- Associate Practitioner / Lab Tech Band 4
- Scientific Quality Assurance Manager- FTC 6 months
- Test Scientist -18 month Temp Role
- LAMP Site Representative
- Covid Screening Program Shift Manager - Leicester
- Environmental Officer, Long term Temp role
- Biomedical Scientist - Leicester
- Incident Officer, 18 months Lon Term Temp role
- Software Developer
- Software Developer
- HR Coordinator
- Onboarding Manager
- Onboarding Coordinator
- Bioinformatician -Loughborough
- Bioinformatician -Wolverhampton
- Laboratory Operations Manager
- Quality & Food Safety Manager - HACCP Qualified
- Sample Data Analyst