Associate Practitioner / Laboratory Technician - Cardiff
Associate Practitioner / Laboratory Technician – temporary contract until end of May 2022
10 hour shifts 4 days on / 4 days off
We have some great new opportunities and are looking for flexible candidates to fill vacancies for Lab Technicians/Associate Practitioners in Mobile Covid19 Labs across the UK.
Candidates will attend training for approx.
2 – 6 weeks in Leicester.
Dependent on the candidate’s current location to the labs, if more than 1 hour travel distance accommodation will be covered and food costs subsidised to a limit, plus travel expenses as necessary.
After training in Leicester, candidates will be transferred to Peterborough for stress and field testing and then transferred to one of the hubs that are currently based across the Midlands and Wales.
Once candidates have been placed at their hub they will be working 8am -6pm, 4 days on, 4 days off, inclusive on some weekends at £14.87ph. Should there be a need for unsociable hours, enhancements will be paid, however, this is a day role at present.
Candidates must be able to commit to a minimum 8-month temporary contract with a possibility to extend.
Due to the nature of the role the hubs may change location throughout the contracted term, so we really are looking for candidates who are happy to pack light and move around the UK with these mobile labs and have a flexible attitude.
• 1 year or more working in a laboratory setting - please be able to demonstrate this on CV ,
• Minimum of 1 science A-Level (or equivalent)
• Experience working in Biosafety Cabinets
• Previous experience in RNA extraction studies
• GCSE Maths or English (or equivalent)
• Educated to degree level within a scientific discipline, or equivalent lab experience
• Degree in Biomedical Sciences
• Worked in PCR or Lamp / COVID arena
• Experience using and programming automated liquid platforms
Ideally but not essential a Full Driving licence & aged over 23 years (for insurance purposes) as may need to drive support car back to hubs.
- Rate: Market related
- Location: Cardiff
- Type: Contract
- Industry: Science
- Recruiter: Elite Executive Search & Selection Ltd
- Contact: Vanessa Barnes
- Tel: 0203 750 0575
- Email: to view click here
- Reference: VB0450
- Posted: 2021-08-03 14:07:06 -
- View all Jobs from Elite Executive Search & Selection Ltd
More Jobs from Elite Executive Search & Selection Ltd
- Software Developer
- HR Coordinator
- Onboarding Manager
- Onboarding Coordinator
- Bioinformatician -Loughborough
- Bioinformatician -Wolverhampton
- Associate Practitioner / Lab Tech Band 4
- Laboratory Operations Manager
- LAMP Site Representative
- Quality & Food Safety Manager - HACCP Qualified
- Covid Screening Program Shift Manager - Leicester
- Sample Data Analyst
- Biomedical Scientist - Leicester
- LIMS Super User
- Data Scientists 18 month Long-term Temp roles
- Quality Administrator/ Officer FTC
- Temperature Mapping Technician (CSE)
- Health and Safety Advisor
- LIMS Administrator Nights 4 on & 4 off shifts
- Head of Science Support & Development