Floating Support Worker
One of the largest housing associations in Kent is recruiting for a Floating Support Worker to deliver a high quality housing related support service to their residents experiencing substance misuse or offending behaviour across Medway.
The focus of this role is to support clients experiencing substance misuse or offending behaviour, across Medway, to improve their wellbeing, make links with their local communities and manage their homes.
Additional tasks and responsibilities will include:
- Engage service users, providing practical support with life skills and achieving positive outcomes within agreed timescales demonstrating a high level of customer service.
- Deliver the key performance indicators of the service contract.
- Manage the case load throughput, ensuring you seek new referrals as well as closing cases appropriately in order to maximise the service delivery and the benefit to the community.
- Collaborate with colleagues to deliver the objectives of the Community Strategy Action Plan.
- Comply with the relevant regulatory framework standards in every aspect of service, ensuring all relevant paperwork regarding clients and the service delivery are maintained to an auditable standard.
To be considered for this Floating Support Worker role you will require excellent understanding of housing and support needs of vulnerable people and experience of working with clients experiencing substance misuse or offending behaviour to help them achieve positive outcomes, as well as the following:
- Understanding and working knowledge of Risk Assessments and Support Planning Process
- Proven inter-personal and communication skills, with the ability to actively listen to and empathise with service users whilst also being able to have honest difficult conversations and challenge assumptions
- Able to monitor own performance and manage a diverse and busy workload, while maintaining attention to detail
- Good ICT skills, experience of maintaining accurate client records and reporting as required
- Competent and confident to deliver benefits advice and advice on housing options
- Knowledge and understanding of the ways to work with interagency partners to achieve joined up solutions
- Ability to use own initiative and help shape this new service, suggesting different delivery methods and activities
As the role is covering a large area, you will require a driving license and access to a vehicle for work.
Due to the nature of clients you will be supporting in this role, to apply you will require an enhanced DBS on the update service.
This is a full time, permanent role, offering a salary of £22,358.
If this Floating Support Worker role is not suitable for yourself, but you know someone who may be interested, please pass on their details, or forward these details to them.
If they are successful in applying, you will receive a £250 referral bonus upon completion of an initial probationary period.
How to Apply
If you are interested in this Floating Support Worker role, please send your CV lee .
mc millan @ service care .
uk or call me on 01 772 20 89 66 discuss the vacancy in more detail.
Also, if this Floating Support Worker role doesn't interest you, but you are looking for new opportunities, please still get in touch as I cover all housing-related vacancies across the region
More Jobs from Service Care Solutions Ltd
- Grounds Maintenance
- Quantity Surveyor
- Care Assistant
- Void property manager
- HCPC registered Band 6 Social Worker
- Clinical Psychologist
- Senior DMT Admin - Lanchester Road Hospital
- Highways Engineer
- Principle Engineer Asset Management
- Principle Engineer
- Mental Healthcare Assistant
- Investigator - Enquiry Officer (Major Investigations) - Police
- Switchboard Operator
- Mental Health Support Worker
- Band 7 Palliative Care Nurse
- Court of Protection Lawyer
- Contracts & Procurement Officer
- Court of Protection Paralegal
- Housing Services Coordinator
- Housing Services Coordinator