Planning Enforcement Officer
A Local Authority based in Greater Manchester is currently recruiting for a Planning Enforcement Officer to join their Development Management team as soon as possible.
This is a full time, temporary position and the ideal candidate will have experience of working in a Local Authority planning service, ideally in an enforcement role, or of working in an enforcement role in another Local Authority service.
The purpose of the role is to manage a caseload of enforcement enquiries, investigating potential breaches of planning control, identifying and implementing appropriate courses of action, and progressing formal enforcement action where appropriate.
This role is part of the Growth and Housing service.
You will be part of the Development Management team working to the Team Leader as part of a wider Development Management and Building Control service.
You will be supported by a Business Support Team.
The main responsibilities of the role are:
- Familiarise yourself with the departmental policies and procedures
- Familiarise yourself with the Development Management operating systems used by the Council
- Investigate and act upon as appropriate a full range of breaches of planning control, in accordance with published good practice, the Council's policies, and national legislation.
This will include undertaking PACE interviews under caution
- Secure the regularisation of planning breaches in appropriate cases, through negotiating the removal or alteration of unauthorised development, or by requiring the timely submission of retrospective planning applications in appropriate cases
- Advise the Team Leader and the Service Manager as to whether formal enforcement action is expedient in cases where regularisation is not possible
- Liaise with the Council's Legal team to initiate and progress prosecutions in appropriate cases
- Prepare witness statements and appear as a witness in court in respect of prosecutions
- A minimum of 5 GCSEs
- A sufficient level of training and knowledge to carry out PACE interviews under caution in order to elicit evidence that is admissible in court
- A good understanding of the UK planning system, the requirement for planning consent, permitted development rights, and the Council's enforcement powers
- A good understanding of the role of planning enforcement in the Council's wider Development Management function and in delivering the Council's objectives
- The ability to identify and put into practice appropriate techniques to investigate potential breaches of planning control, including working outside normal office hours on occasion, and at all times with due regard to health and safety
The client is looking to move quickly with this role and as such are offering between £30 - £35 p/hour Umbrella Ltd (approx.
£722 - £816 p/week NET after deductions) dependant on experience and qualifications.
So if this position sounds of interest, email a copy of your up to date CV to email@example.com or call James at Service Care Construction on 01772 208967
Not interested in this role but know somebody who could be? Refer a friend today and receive up to £250 per referral if they are successfully placed by SC Construction!
- Start: ASAP
- Duration: Ongoing
- Rate: £30 - £35 per hour + Umbrella LTD
- Location: Wigan, England
- Type: Contract
- Industry: Construction
- Recruiter: Service Care Solutions Ltd
- Tel: 01772 208 967
- Fax: 01772 471473
- Email: to view click here
- Posted: 2021-08-03 08:34:57 -
- View all Jobs from Service Care Solutions Ltd
More Jobs from Service Care Solutions Ltd
- Residential Support Worker
- Royal Orhtapaedic: Imaging Medical Sec
- Rent Arrears Officer
- Support Worker
- Neighbourhood Officer
- Community Assessor
- Admin Aylesbury
- Housing Team Coordinator
- Healthcare Assistant
- Multi Trade Bathroom Fitter
- Warehouse Operative
- MIG Welder
- Support Worker
- ADHOC RMN in Dorking
- RMN in Thatcham
- RMN Female low secure CAMHS
- RMN / RNLD locum role in Hassocks
- Recover Practitioner (Alcohol Specialist)