Regional Forensic Sample Officer - Police
Service Care Solutions are looking for a Regional Forensic Sample Officer to work on a full-time contract with a local Police Force in Wakefield.
To process, research, validate and record DNA sample submissions, providing a professional screening service and ensuring the integrity of National data in accordance with legislation and regional policy / procedure.
Receive and record PACE, elimination and PED samples from Division, guaranteeing the integrity and ensuring continuity of the samples is maintained in accordance with regional policy and procedure.
Validate mandatory information via research of relevant computer systems, investigating discrepancies and making the necessary amendments to rectify faulty DNA samples (including fail to load profiles and non-recordable offences); notify Divisions of all defective submissions.
Determine the appropriate course of action for each sample with regard to the onward transmission to a Forensic Service Provider, storage, destruction or rejection.
Manage the flow of samples into and out of the forensic freezers, ensuring correct storage protocols are utilised and preserving the integrity of the samples at all times
Record and package DNA samples for onward transmission to the Forensic Service Provider for processing, ensuring continuity is maintained in accordance with regional policy and procedures
Liaise with internal contacts, PNC staff and the National DNA Database, as required, to maintain the integrity of Force and National systems including the investigation of orphan stub records on PNC.
Ensure the Police Elimination Database is maintained and updated in accordance with National and regional policy / procedure, and support Human Resources departments in relation to biometric vetting
Support and engage in the relevant quality management system to ensure organisational conformance with the standards required by the Forensic Science Regulator.
Provide a help desk service during normal working hours to offer guidance and support to investigating officers, police custody staff and external agencies with regards to DNA sample recovery, analysis, recording and destruction in line with current policy and legislation.
- Basic knowledge of and ability to operate computerised databases and record information accurately
- Good literacy skills
- Ability to prioritise work load and deliver service provision to meet customer requirements
- An understanding of exhibit continuity and its importance to the Criminal Justice system
- Previous experience of operating under ISO9001 and/or ISO17025 quality standards
- Knowledge of relevant PACE and DNA related legislation
- Knowledge of technology and scientific advances relating to DNA samples
If this is something you could be interested in, please just call Martin Cookson on 01772 208962.
- Start: ASAP
- Duration: 3 months +
- Rate: Up to £12.28 per hour
- Location: Wakefield, England
- Type: Contract
- Industry: Public_Sector
- Recruiter: Service Care Solutions Ltd
- Tel: 01772 208962
- Fax: 01772 471473
- Email: to view click here
- Posted: 2021-07-23 11:39:18 -
- View all Jobs from Service Care Solutions Ltd
More Jobs from Service Care Solutions Ltd
- Administrative Assistant
- Care Allocation Officer
- Brokerage Assistant
- Reablement Worker
- Care Assistant
- Project Manager
- Transport Officer
- Compliance Team Leader
- Planning Officer
- Project Manager
- Waking Nights Worker
- Band 5 - Pharmacy Technician - Derby
- Residential Support Worker
- Band 5 - Pharmacy Technician - Stoke
- Detoxification Nurse (RMN/RN)
- Environmental Health Officer
- Highways Solicitor
- Finance Assistant