A Local Authority based in West Yorkshire is currently recruiting for a Principal Engineer to join their highways team.
This is a full time, temporary position and the ideal candidate will hold a Degree or Masters in civil engineering or related discipline or proven ability to work at that level.
You will be involved in the feasibility, planning, design, procurement, construction, implementation, financial and resource management of highway projects ranging from minor works packages to large scale multi agency transportation and public realm schemes.
- Technical knowledge and understanding for a range highway related schemes including safety, legislative, regulatory, and legal requirements, as well as contractual, industry standards, policy and relevant procedures and protocols and knowledge of how local government operates.
- You will use your technical and working knowledge together with practical experience in managing the delivery of a wide range of engineering projects on and adjacent to the highway, including managing the financial accounts.
- You will need to implement effective, value for money and innovative delivery solutions to meet technical and project requirements.
- Apply project management approach and processes e.g., PRINCE2 based, in delivery
Hold a Degree or Masters in civil engineering or related discipline or proven ability to work at that level.
In-depth knowledge and experience to prepare and organize all stages of scheme implementation including demonstrating clear understanding and application Health and Safety related practices including CDM, safety & risk management.
Have the competence to use IT systems including, Microsoft Office suite, GIS based mapping systems, and an understanding of AutoCAD.
The client is looking to move quickly with this role and as such are offering between £31346 - £39880 Umbrella Ltd dependant on experience and qualifications.
So if this position sounds of interest, email a copy of your up to date CV to firstname.lastname@example.org or call James at Service Care Construction on 01772 208967
Not interested in this role but know somebody who could be? Refer a friend today and receive up to £250 per referral if they are successfully placed by SC Construction!
More Jobs from Service Care Solutions Ltd
- Administrative Assistant
- Care Allocation Officer
- Brokerage Assistant
- Reablement Worker
- Care Assistant
- Project Manager
- Transport Officer
- Compliance Team Leader
- Planning Officer
- Project Manager
- Waking Nights Worker
- Band 5 - Pharmacy Technician - Derby
- Residential Support Worker
- Band 5 - Pharmacy Technician - Stoke
- Detoxification Nurse (RMN/RN)
- Environmental Health Officer
- Highways Solicitor
- Finance Assistant