Wheelchair Washroom Technician
Calling all Wheelchair Technician/Washroom Technicians.
Are you looking for a role in the NHS, to aid the Wheelchair and Special Seating Services Team.
Rate £9.23-£10 PAYE
Hours: 4 Days Perweek
The Wheelchair Washroom Technician is responsible for the washing and decontamination of wheelchairs and equipment returned from Service users, prior to refurbishment and re issue.
The role will involve dismantling equipment and removing electrical components on wheelchairs prior to washing and decontamination.
The role involves categorising the condition of chairs and restocking in the wheelchair store.
- Wash and decontaminate wheelchairs and accessories according to Service standards and Trust Policies using water and non-corrosive cleaning
- To be responsible for recording stock movement e.
wheelchairs, spares and consumables when they have been through the washroom
- To disassemble power wheelchairs, electrical components including batteries, ensuring all electrical terminals are protected prior to washing
- To categorise chairs - condition score - and put into wheelchair Lifting some wheelchairs onto shelves at waist height
- To recognise and remove salvageable parts from wheelchairs deemed as requiring
- To load the scrap chairs into the Trust vehicle and drive the Trust vehicle to the onsite waste
- Work in accordance with the Trust and Workshop Health & Safety Policies in keeping the working environment clean and safe
- To adhere to the Health and Safety legislation and COSHH procedure, and participate in the risk assessments as requested
- To wear whilst on duty, protective clothing as supplied by the
- To be responsible for keeping own area of work clean and tidy, ensuring compliance with Infection Control .
- To be responsible for care and maintenance of the tools and equipment used in carrying out the role, bringing to the attention of the Workshop Supervisor any defective tools/equipment.
- Complete necessary paperwork and use scanners as required, liaising with logistics staff regarding stock, assisting in the monitoring stock levels as per Workshop Supervisor
To work to meet all national and local standards set for the services.
Applicants should be confident in their own abilities and keen learners in order to fulfil the role to the best of your ability.
If this sounds like you, and if you want to discuss the role further then please contact Matt at Service Care Solutions Ltd on 01772 208953, or alternatively send an updated CV to Matt.Clarke@servicecare.org.uk
The Benefits of Service Care Solutions:
- £250 training allowance
- Excellent pay rates
- Exceptional referral bonuses
- Specialist's Non-Medical Non Clinical consultants offering single point of contact
- Frequent notifications for upcoming opportunities via text and email
- Nationwide provider of staff to cover over 40 different NHS trust and private organisations
- , DBS disclosures provided via fast track online services free of charge.
More Jobs from Service Care Solutions Ltd
- Administrative Assistant
- Care Allocation Officer
- Brokerage Assistant
- Reablement Worker
- Care Assistant
- Project Manager
- Transport Officer
- Compliance Team Leader
- Planning Officer
- Project Manager
- Waking Nights Worker
- Band 5 - Pharmacy Technician - Derby
- Residential Support Worker
- Band 5 - Pharmacy Technician - Stoke
- Detoxification Nurse (RMN/RN)
- Environmental Health Officer
- Highways Solicitor
- Finance Assistant