Mental Health Support Worker
We are looking for a Mental Health Support Worker for a fantastic opportunity to join private Mental Health Supported Living Service within Suffolk.
*Do you know someone who would be interested in this role? We offer a £250 referral bonus per successful candidate that is referred
Temporary pay rate:
- Days £10.55ph ltd
- Nights & Saturdays £11ph ltd
- Sunday & Bank Holidays £12ph ltd
Hours and length of contract:
- FULL OR PART TIME
- Including working every other weekend and evenings across a fixed rota pattern.
- Shift times are:
- 45-07.45 lone working waking night (occasionally)
- For an initial 3 month contract length (likelihood of extension)
- The manager is looking for the positions to be filled ASAP
The service is 24hr short-term crisis supported housing based in Bury St Edmunds and referrals are made by secondary mental health services for temporary placements up to 6 weeks.
The service supports adults with mental health issues and/complex needs and we are looking for enthusiastic people who can make a positive impact on the lives of these individuals.
The adult community services also refer in service users with high functioning Learning Disability or autism diagnoses.
You will support service users stepping down from the ward prior to returning home or elsewhere, those in crisis and looking to avoid a hospital admission to identify and use their strengths to help manage the things in life that they find difficult, and therefore promote recovery and independence.
The role will include but is not limited to:
- Provide holistic support to people with mental health problems enabling them to achieve their optimum level of independence
- Observation and assessment on how independent service users are and if they might need supported housing etc
- Work in partnership with service users, to build on their strengths and enable them to engage with resources to promote independence and help them achieve their personal goals
- Deliver support to service users in line with their support plan, risk assessment and management plan
- Process referrals/decide whether to accept or decline
- Complete all necessary paperwork, electronic records and data inputting (e.g.
records of service user contacts and data reports)
- Liaise effectively with other mental health professionals and partner agencies in line with the overall care plan
- Work with Recovery Coordinators to identify the correct resources to deliver on the support, risk assessment & management plan
- Support service users to access appropriate accommodation and maintain their occupancy agreement
- Work in partnership with service users, carers, families, friends, other professionals and the wider community in order to promote and sustain independence.
The applicant must be DBS cleared for the position advertised and have previous experience in the field.
If you are interested in this role then please contact Emma at SCS on 01772 208963 or send across your CV directly to email@example.com
- Start: ASAP
- Duration: 3 Months+
- Rate: £10.55 - £12 per hour + mileage
- Location: Bury St. Edmunds, England
- Type: Contract
- Industry: Medical
- Recruiter: Service Care Solutions Ltd
- Tel: 01772 208963
- Fax: 01772 471473
- Email: to view click here
- Posted: 2021-07-21 10:02:30 -
- View all Jobs from Service Care Solutions Ltd
More Jobs from Service Care Solutions Ltd
- Grounds Maintenance
- Quantity Surveyor
- Care Assistant
- Void property manager
- HCPC registered Band 6 Social Worker
- Clinical Psychologist
- Senior DMT Admin - Lanchester Road Hospital
- Highways Engineer
- Principle Engineer Asset Management
- Principle Engineer
- Mental Healthcare Assistant
- Investigator - Enquiry Officer (Major Investigations) - Police
- Switchboard Operator
- Mental Health Support Worker
- Band 7 Palliative Care Nurse
- Court of Protection Lawyer
- Contracts & Procurement Officer
- Court of Protection Paralegal
- Housing Services Coordinator
- Housing Services Coordinator