A Local Authority based in Leicestershire is looking for a Fleet Maintenance Mechanic to join their team as soon as possible.
This is a full time, temporary position and the ideal candidate will hold their Technician City & Guilds and experience working in a fleet workshop or garage.
The purpose of the role is to service and repair of vehicles and plant in a safe, efficient and economic manner employing such skills and knowledge as may be required with due regard to current legislation.
The main responsibilities of the role are:
To drive and manoeuvre motor vehicles and plant as necessary, recovering defective or damaged vehicles, carrying out the full range of technical checks and diagnostic tests required for light and heavy goods, and passenger transport vehicles.
To observe, recognise and report on mechanical and electrical vehicle, component, or systems defects, or impending failure, assessing, recording and/or costing the repair (as appropriate).
To carry out routine inspections, service and MOT of all vehicles and selected plant in the LCC fleet according to the schedules issued by the Workshop Manager, and in accordance with prescribed quality standards, utilising specialist services as required.
- City & Guilds Technician
- MOT Tester's Certificate
- HGV License C Desirable
- HGV License C+E Desirable
- Specifications for varying types of vehicle e.g.
LPG, HGV & Plant
- Current health and safety legislation
The nature of the work may involve the post-holder carrying out work outside of normal working hours.
The post-holder will be expected to make themselves available outside of normal office hours or during periods of holiday or sickness make the necessary arrangements for a member of the Vehicle Unit to deal for emergency situations.
The client is looking to move quickly with this role and as such are offering between £14 p/hour Umbrella Ltd (approx.
£380 p/week NET after deductions) dependant on experience and qualifications.
So if this position sounds of interest, email a copy of your up to date CV to email@example.com or call James at Service Care Construction on 01772 208967
Not interested in this role but know somebody who could be? Refer a friend today and receive up to £250 per referral if they are successfully placed by SC Construction!
- Start: ASAP
- Duration: Ongoing
- Rate: Up to £14 per hour + Umbrella LTD
- Location: Leicester, England
- Type: Contract
- Industry: Construction
- Recruiter: Service Care Solutions Ltd
- Tel: 01772 208 967
- Fax: 01772 471473
- Email: to view click here
- Posted: 2021-07-07 16:27:04 -
- View all Jobs from Service Care Solutions Ltd
More Jobs from Service Care Solutions Ltd
- Grounds Maintenance
- Quantity Surveyor
- Care Assistant
- Void property manager
- HCPC registered Band 6 Social Worker
- Clinical Psychologist
- Senior DMT Admin - Lanchester Road Hospital
- Highways Engineer
- Principle Engineer Asset Management
- Principle Engineer
- Mental Healthcare Assistant
- Investigator - Enquiry Officer (Major Investigations) - Police
- Switchboard Operator
- Mental Health Support Worker
- Band 7 Palliative Care Nurse
- Court of Protection Lawyer
- Contracts & Procurement Officer
- Court of Protection Paralegal
- Housing Services Coordinator
- Housing Services Coordinator