Are you an experienced Contract Manager with the capabilities of overseeing multiple contracts? Have you had Contract Management experience working for the NHS/ Government body or perhaps pharm/scientific sectors?
We’re currently seeking a strong Contract Manager to work within a state of the art, high throughput diagnostics laboratory environment as part of the UK’s NHS Test and Trace programme based in Leamington Spa.
As well as playing a vital role in supporting society’s return to a more normal way of life by helping to break the chains of COVID-19 transmission, you will also gain invaluable experience and exposure to some of the country’s most highly skilled individuals in the scientific community.
This represents a once in a lifetime opportunity to go above and beyond to support public health, while also extending your already accomplished technical skills and positioning your career for further success and growth.
The Contract Manager will work closely with existing resources across the business in placing short term agreements and supporting new supplier on-boarding across new and existing suppliers as part of an overarching strategy.
The activities may also include drafting new agreements, contract negotiations, managing variations to existing contracts and tendering/RFPs/RFQs.
The successful candidate will be dealing with wide range of suppliers, from IT and laboratory equipment to consumable suppliers which all will be leaders in their particular fields.
- Draft, evaluate, negotiate and execute contracts
- Establish and Maintain Supplier relationships by serving as a single point of contract for contractual matters
- Ensure that contracts are monitored and missed KPIs are escalated appropriately
- Manage record keeping for all contract related correspondence and documentation
- Provide both internal and external contract related issue resolution
- Monitor and complete contract close out, extension or renewals as appropriate
- Communicate contract-related information to all stakeholders
- Anticipate contractual and commercial risks, opportunities and threats and implement control measures or actions.
- Taking ownership of the P & L of the contracts you manage/oversee
- In the event of SLA or KPI breaches validate that service credits are applied and work with the supplier to ensure action plans are in place to prevent a reoccurrence
Key Skills required:
- Previous experience within a Facilities Contract Management
- Ability to understand contract terms and conditions
- Some knowledge around contract law
- Ability to influence and persuade
- Exceptional relationship management
- Ability to manage risk
- End to end experience of the tendering process
You will be required to work Monday to Friday, however flexibility and an agile approach will be required should there be any urgent matters to attend, as the Lab is a 24/7 operation.
You will also be joining a diverse and hugely welcoming team.
Diversity at NHS Test and Trace is about reflecting the communities we serve, holding the principles of equality and inclusion at the heart of everything we do and all that we stand for, embracing differences, creating possibilities, and growing together.
We aim to foster a culture where individuals of all backgrounds feel confident in bringing their whole selves to work, feel included and their talents are nurtured, empowering them to contribute fully to our purpose.
This is a once in a lifetime opportunity to join a team of highly skilled individuals, all focused on delivering the best possible outcome.
Please be aware that BPSS (Baseline Personnel Security Standard) including a media check, is the required level of screening for all staff working at the Leamington Spa Laboratory.
If you’re ready for a new challenge and want to be part of the team delivering this essential lab work, please apply today.
- Rate: Market related
- Location: Leamington Spa
- Type: Contract
- Industry: Purchasing
- Recruiter: Elite Executive Search & Selection Ltd
- Contact: Tony Ward
- Email: to view click here
- Reference: TW170
- Posted: 2021-07-05 16:00:57 -
- View all Jobs from Elite Executive Search & Selection Ltd
More Jobs from Elite Executive Search & Selection Ltd
- HR Coordinator
- Laboratory Technician - Newcastle
- Laboratory Technician - Leeds
- Laboratory Technician - Manchester Airport
- Senior Biomedical Scientist
- Laboratory Specialist Practitioner
- Senior Scientific Officer
- Quality Manager FTC 18 Months
- Business Engagement Manager
- Java Developer
- Informatics Automation Developer
- Testing Lead
- Senior Scientist
- Deputy Lead Scientist
- HR Business Partner- Recruitment and Engagement
- Associate Practitioner
- Marketing Assistant
- Training Officer
- Lead Scientist
- Laboratory Operations Manager