Community Support worker
Northamptonshire Council are recruiting for a Community support worker
This is the time when you can make a real difference in other people's lives.
Helping vulnerable people is one of the most fulfilling and rewarding jobs you could do.
Help bring smiles to the faces of residents by working as a Community Support Worker.
Areas of working is the Kettering/Corby area.
Ideally 6 months experience needed, but free training will be provided.
You will need to be a driver and have access to a car as you will be working out in the community.
Service care Solutions, on behalf of North Northampton Council, is looking to recruit temporary Community Support Worker.
We are looking at this being temp for 12 weeks, and then going on to a permanent role.
Working through Service care , you will Assist with the provision of positive intervention and support for adults with mental health problems; physical and/or learning disabilities Promote independence and community living and help minimise the risk of hospitalisation or admission to residential care
The ideal candidate will be compassionate, enthusiastic and kind, and will always enjoy going the extra mile to accommodate the needs of every individual we support.
- Assist on a managed basis, as part of the team, with a monitored caseload of short term and/or less complex cases, which require visiting, monitoring and provision of support to customers to ensure ongoing services.
- Assist customers with physical disabilities to carry out activities, hygiene routines and manage medication as directed within their care plans to help maintain health and wellbeing.
- Assist customers to undertake practical tasks to help maintain their physical wellbeing and/or improve their living conditions.
- With reference to the individual's care plan promote independence through the provision of information to customers and through liaison with carers, internal and external agencies to help customers to access and utilise resources in the local community and maintain financial independence.
- Act as a key worker for designated customers and in consultation with other stakeholders to ensure that customers are supported in accessing and applying for the services and benefits they are entitled to from the relevant agencies and authorities.
- Assist senior officers/case managers with ongoing assessment and provide information to help amend and update care plans so that changes in customers' assessed needs and circumstances are recorded and addressed appropriately.
The skills and qualities we look for include:
- A sensitive and tactful approach
- A natural desire to help improve people's lives
- Patience, empathy and a good sense of humour
- Reliability, dedication and a flexible approach to work
- The ability to remain calm and focused even under pressure
- Respect for others, a friendly personality and a real passion for helping people.
if you are interested in this role then please email me your CV to Delanie.firstname.lastname@example.org or call 01772 208964
More Jobs from Service Care Solutions Ltd
- Residential Support Worker
- Royal Orhtapaedic: Imaging Medical Sec
- Rent Arrears Officer
- Support Worker
- Neighbourhood Officer
- Community Assessor
- Admin Aylesbury
- Housing Team Coordinator
- Healthcare Assistant
- Multi Trade Bathroom Fitter
- Warehouse Operative
- MIG Welder
- Support Worker
- ADHOC RMN in Dorking
- RMN in Thatcham
- RMN Female low secure CAMHS
- RMN / RNLD locum role in Hassocks
- Recover Practitioner (Alcohol Specialist)