Senior Biomedical Scientist HCPC Registered
Senior Biomedical Scientist HCPC Registered
Truro , Cornwall
Our client, a leading provider of life science solutions, who are now looking for a Senior Biomedical Scientist Clinical Microbiology that is HCPC Registered to support their work with Covid-19 testing and clinical trials for a fixed term contract of 6 months that could well be extended further on a rolling basis.
This is a smallish set up that will be conducting approx.
300 test samples per day.
This is an exceptional opportunity to help impact the pandemic and play a part of the resolution of this global crisis.
You will have the chance to broaden your skill set while supporting the creation of products that have the potential to change the world.
So, don’t miss out, apply today and put your lab experience to the best possible use.
There is also an accommodation allowance for this role that will be paid for by the client
As a Senior Biomedical Scientist, you will be tasked with testing activities as part of a Covid-19 clinical trial and helping more Junior members of the team on a daily basis providing direction and support.
- To lead by example, providing the highest quality, cost effective scientific and clinical services.
- To ensure compliance with all applicable standards and guidelines.
- To ensure that the principles of total quality management are integral to the service supplied by the department.
- Facilitate the provision of the clinical technical services of the laboratory by supervising and instructing staff and maintaining suitable resources.
- Act as the first contact point for personnel or personnel related problems and their resolution.
- In conjunction with the senior team, provide senior cross-cover across the wider laboratory
- Deputise for other senior staff in their absence.
- Undertake training and competency assessment of scientific and support staff.
- Communicate to the Laboratory Manager such information as is required to maintain the continuing provision of the service.
ü An IBMS Fellowship / MSc or significant experience in the field.
ü Providing evidence of sufficient experience and expertise can be shown with a willingness to complete appropriate specialist courses as required.
ü At least 2 years’ experience working at band 6 level with proven potential to progress.
ü Evidence of acquired technical and analytical knowledge achieved through specialist training and experience.
ü Maintain specialist technical and analytical knowledge by participation in CPD.
ü Maintain State Registration with the Health Care Professions Council by complying with Standards of Proficiency and Conduct.
ü Ensure compliance with all local and national standards of work practise
ü Maintain the knowledge and expertise necessary to perform specialised procedures.
ü Maintain the necessary specialist knowledge and skills sufficient to work independently.
ü Evidence of introducing new practices, keeping abreast with current thinking.
This is a full-time role 40 hours a week, operating on a shift pattern TBA
* For a full Job Spec please call Vanessa on 0203 750 0575 Ext 302.
Insignia Recruit and our clients are equal opportunities employers, value diversity and are strongly committed to providing equal employment opportunities for all employees and all applicants for employment.
Equal opportunities are the only acceptable way to conduct business and we believe that the more inclusive our environments are, the better our work will be.
- Rate: Market related
- Location: Truro
- Type: Contract
- Industry: Medical
- Recruiter: Elite Executive Search & Selection Ltd
- Contact: Vanessa Barnes
- Tel: 0203 750 0575
- Email: to view click here
- Reference: VB0180
- Posted: 2021-06-29 17:14:04 -
- View all Jobs from Elite Executive Search & Selection Ltd
More Jobs from Elite Executive Search & Selection Ltd
- HR Coordinator
- Laboratory Technician - Newcastle
- Laboratory Technician - Leeds
- Laboratory Technician - Manchester Airport
- Senior Biomedical Scientist
- Laboratory Specialist Practitioner
- Senior Scientific Officer
- Quality Manager FTC 18 Months
- Business Engagement Manager
- Java Developer
- Informatics Automation Developer
- Testing Lead
- Senior Scientist
- Deputy Lead Scientist
- HR Business Partner- Recruitment and Engagement
- Associate Practitioner
- Marketing Assistant
- Training Officer
- Lead Scientist
- Laboratory Operations Manager