Waking Night Support Worker
A housing association in Hereford is recruiting for an experienced Housing Support Worker to work Waking Nights and provide housing related support to young people at risk of homelessness, promoting their independence.
The service this role is based in provides 24-hour housing related support to young people, aged 16 to 25, with a view to them moving on to independent living.
- In this Housing Support Worker role, you will be responsible for covering the night shift (21:30 to 05:30) and where required, providing support in the following areas:
- Offer targeted housing related support to young people both within the supported accommodation and in the local area in order to promote their independence and their engagement into the wider community
- Actively support residents into purposeful activities and into education, training and work opportunities.
- The service will offer young people in Herefordshire a safe, suitable and positive transition into adulthood.
- To offer the young people the opportunity to develop skills to maintain a healthy lifestyle, access volunteering opportunities, follow a vocational course, educational placement or gain employment.
- Also develop domestic and social skills, manage finances and address offending behaviour and substance misuse.
- To allow each young person the opportunity to realise and achieve their aspirations and reach their full potential.
- To provide mediation services or support to the residents to ensure a safe and harmonious living environment.
- To manage the accommodation building as a lone worker and be deal effectively with issues of anti-social behaviour, health and safety and /or housing management issues.
- Assist with the assessment of young people for support eligibility and agree support tasks and outcomes to be achieved.
- Assist the manager/deputy manager in reporting outcomes and preparing residents to move on from the Accommodation.
- Prompt and encourage residents to establish and maintain settled lifestyles.
- Support residents to become financially independent, and confident in managing household income and expenditure
- Support residents to comply with the conditions of their licence and ensure that all residents have received comprehensive move on and/or tenancy training when moving into independent accommodation.
To be considered for this Housing Support Worker (Waking Nights) role it is essential that you have previous housing related support experience, with strong knowledge of the housing benefit system, tenancy sustainment and independent living.
As this role includes work with vulnerable individuals, you will require an Enhanced DBS on the update service.
This is a part time Housing Support Worker role, working nights (21:30 to 05:30) on a three nights on, six nights off basis.
The contract will run for an initial 12 weeks with a chance of being extended or even becoming permanent.
If this Housing Support Worker role is not suitable for yourself, but you know someone who may be interested, please pass on their details, or forward these details to them.
If they are successful in applying, you will receive a £250 referral bonus upon completion of an initial probationary period.
How to Apply
If you are interested in this Senior Support Worker role, please send your CV lee .
mc millan @ service care .
uk or call me on 01 772 20 89 66 discuss the vacancy in more detail.
Also, if this Senior Support Worker role doesn't interest you, but you are looking for new opportunities, please still get in touch as I cover all housing-related vacancies across the region
More Jobs from Service Care Solutions Ltd
- Refuse Loader
- Administrator Balby Doncaster
- Medical Secretary - Scunthorpe
- maintenance Operative
- Band 2 Admin SUpport
- Site Manager
- HGV Class 2 Driver
- Clinical Pharmacist
- Grounds Maintenance
- Grounds Maintenance
- Healthcare Assistant
- Registered Manager - Learning Disability
- Trainee Recruitment Consultant
- Residential Support Worker
- Medical Secretary
- Learning Disability Support Worker
- Assistant Highways Engineer
- Administrative Assistant