Senior Support Worker
One of Kent's largest Housing Associations is recruiting for a Senior Support Worker in Medway to manage a team of Support Workers, delivering person-centered support to clients presenting primarily with housing- related issues, delivering positive outcomes and opportunities for individuals, families and the wider community through the management of a support team.
In this Senior Support Worker role you will be managing a team of four support workers, to work with residents across Medway to resolve their housing and tenancy related issues.
Responsibilities include; training, supporting and managing staff effectively, recruitment and induction of new employees, monitoring of systems and ensuring documentation is completed comprehensively and on time.
This will also include the additional tasks and responsibilities:
- Manage, motivate and develop a team of support workers to deliver positive outcomes for service users and a high level of customer service
- Manage the case load throughput for the contract, ensuring the team seek new referrals and close cases appropriately in order to maximise the service delivery and the benefit to the community.
- Maximise the service capacity through efficient allocation and closure of caseload amongst the team.
- Monitor, deliver and report on the key performance indicators of the service contract, working closely with the General Support Manager and Crisis Prevention Manager.
- Promote a positive working environment and challenge negative behaviour, providing equal opportunities and valuing the diversity of the team and service users.
- Lead by example in the management of your own caseload.
Engage service users, providing practical support with life skills and achieving positive outcomes within agreed timescales.
To be considered for this Senior Support Worker role you must be able to demonstrate a commitment to ensuring outstanding service delivery and be able to manage and develop relationships with external partners and experience of managing, motivating and developing a team or demonstration of an understanding of what is required along with relevant transferable skills.
You will need good experience of the housing sector and tenancy management experience, knowledge of safeguarding and be a strong communicator to lead your team, but also to produce reports.
Due to the nature of clients you will be supporting in this role, to apply you will require an enhanced DBS on the update service.
This is a full time Senior Support Worker position, working 9-5 Monday to Friday on an initial 6 Month Fixed-Term Contract.
The salary for the role is £24,409 pro rata.
The role will be based in an office in Gillingham but the client is open to flexible working, and are working from home until September 2021, at the earliest.
They offer a staff benefits scheme, including discounted medical treatments, generous leave, including paid time off to volunteer and an annual grant to support your wellbeing.
If this Senior Support Worker role is not suitable for yourself, but you know someone who may be interested, please pass on their details, or forward these details to them.
If they are successful in applying, you will receive a £250 referral bonus upon completion of an initial probationary period.
How to Apply
If you are interested in this Senior Support Worker role, please send your CV lee .
mc millan @ service care .
uk or call me on 01 772 20 89 66 discuss the vacancy in more detail.
Also, if this Senior Support Worker role doesn't interest you, but you are looking for new opportunities, please still get in touch as I cover all housing-related vacancies across the region
- Start: 5/7/21
- Duration: 5/7/21
- Rate: Up to £24409.00 per annum
- Location: Gillingham, England
- Type: Contract
- Industry: Property
- Recruiter: Service Care Solutions Ltd
- Tel: 01772 208966
- Fax: 01772 471473
- Email: to view click here
- Posted: 2021-06-17 11:24:45 -
- View all Jobs from Service Care Solutions Ltd
More Jobs from Service Care Solutions Ltd
- Administrator Hartlepool
- Refuse Loader
- Administrator Balby Doncaster
- Medical Secretary - Scunthorpe
- maintenance Operative
- Band 2 Admin SUpport
- Site Manager
- HGV Class 2 Driver
- Clinical Pharmacist
- Grounds Maintenance
- Grounds Maintenance
- Healthcare Assistant
- Registered Manager - Learning Disability
- Trainee Recruitment Consultant
- Residential Support Worker
- Medical Secretary
- Learning Disability Support Worker