Public Family Solicitor
Public Family Solicitor,
Salary: Circa 35K-40K DOE + excellent benefits
Permanent – Full Time, 9.30am to 5.30pm.
Experienced Family solicitor is required by a Multi-Service Law Firm based in Enfield, London.
The successful candidate will have a passion for family law and will have the opportunity to work within a busy Family department.
The Family Solicitor will deal with a range of public funded matters, including Injunctions and Domestic Violence cases.
Some private cases as well.
The ideal candidate will have proven knowledge and a minimum of 2 -3 years’ PQE of handling your own caseload with limited supervision, in a fast-paced environment.
As a Family Solicitor you will be forward thinking with excellent client management and communication skills.
- Law degree (or equivalent GDL degree) - Essential
- Successful completion of the LPC - Essential
- 2-3 years PQE as a family Solicitor - Essential
- Experience in Legal Aid work – Essential
- Experience in dealing with The Children’s Act, Domestic Violence cases & Injunctions - Essential.
- Be self-motivated; be able to run a caseload of contentious matters with minimal supervision.
Daily responsibilities will include:
- To provide clear and comprehensive advice to clients and to progress the clients cases smoothly to completion
- To ensure the conduct of your client files are in accordance with this firm’s internal professional conduct and accounts rules and obligations
- To provide support and assistance to colleagues by assisting with any overflow of work within the Department
- To attend upon clients
- To confirm advice in correspondence, telephone calls, attendance notes
- To keep abreast of all legal developments in the Fee Earner’s sphere of practice and defer to expert third party advice where appropriate
- To prioritise workload to meet all deadlines agreed with clients or any other party involved in the case
- To carry out own advocacy matters
- To maintain accurate billing records by recording time appropriately and to prompt bill clients for work conducted
- To meet performance targets set
- To act as an ambassador/promoter of the firm
- Managing the office and dealing with the staff making sure that procedures are put into place.
Benefits are as follows:
- 32 days holiday including bank holidays and Christmas closure days
- After 3 years 1 additional day’s holiday per year, you continue to work up to an additional 5 days
- Private healthcare after 3 years
- Season ticket loan
For a confidential discussion please apply with your CV or call Marie Kinchin on 0203 750 0575.
- Rate: Â£35k - 40k per year + benefits
- Location: Enfield
- Type: Permanent
- Industry: Legal
- Recruiter: Elite Executive Search & Selection Ltd
- Contact: Marie Kinchin
- Tel: 0203 750 0575
- Email: to view click here
- Reference: MK320
- Posted: 2021-06-08 17:01:16 -
- View all Jobs from Elite Executive Search & Selection Ltd
More Jobs from Elite Executive Search & Selection Ltd
- Quality Specialist
- HR Manager Operations
- HR Manager (HRM) Business Engagement
- IT & Technology Delegate Sales Executive
- Senior HR Manager
- Resourcing Business Partner
- Senior Biomedical Scientist
- Help Desk Coordinator
- HR Business Partner - Resourcing - 18 month Temporary Contract
- HR Manager - Long Term Temp role
- Quality Manager FTC 18 Months
- Bio Medical Scientist Training Officer
- Contract Manager
- Lean Specialist
- Residential Conveyancing Solicitor
- Senior UX Designer
- Senior Full Stack Developer
- Principal Full Stack Developer
- Java Developer
- Angular/ REST API Developer