Applications Support Team Lead
Applications Support Team Lead
Up to £60,000 DOE plus excellent benefits
Our esteemed client is looking for an Applications Support Team Lead to support the team that provides key technology solutions for their clients.
They build, maintain and support the Nexus product, a full front to back set of in-house and vendor developed systems covering order processing, trading, clearance and settlement, books and records, reporting and regulatory systems.
We are currently recruiting for an Applications Support Team Lead position in Liverpool or Manchester to meet the demands of the growing technology production services responsibilities.
Overview of the Role:
As a member of the team, you will be working closely with colleagues across the Technology Department, various business units and with our client facing teams.
You will be required to work in a dynamic and developed and 3rd party acquired software applications and related services support team environment.
You will be responsible for providing a critical link between the various internal technical and non-technical teams, Client Support team, external third-party application support groups and users of our client’s hosted applications with the ultimate aim of quickly and accurately resolving customer and application issues.
The core support times for the team are from 08:00 – 18:00 on site with additional support provided by the team in India from 02:00 to 08:00 Monday – Friday.
On call Applications Support is provided at all other times by the group through a rota and you will act as an escalation point when UK staff members are on call.
You will be a key contact within the team to ensure out of hours planned work is resourced with a fair distribution.
Various other duties include tracking performance against KPI’s and SLAs to ensure Application Support are adhering to support standards, following established Incident/Change/Problem management processes for the group, and providing a first-class service to users and stakeholders.
Technical skills required for the Applications Support Team Lead:
- Experience of MS Windows OS Server editions.
- Knowledge of multi-tier application architecture.
- Experience of web technologies and internet-based applications.
- Knowledge of any issue/problem tracking system such as ServiceNow.
- Basic knowledge and experience of diagnosing network related technical issues.
- Experience of working with Production and Non-production environments.
- Experience of working in an on-call 24x7 facility.
- Experience of application recovery during out-of-hours priority incidents with limited support
- Experience of using an Application Performance Management (APM) tools such as Dynatrace, Nagios, App Dynamics etc.
- Knowledge of load-balanced environments such as from BigIP F5, Cisco, Citrix etc. highly desirable.
- Basic understanding of Message Queuing (i.e., IBM WebSphere MQ or Microsoft MQ etc).
- Understanding of SQL Server or any other RDBMS.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Have the right attitude towards the role and is willing to support all products, day or night and react to live problems with the utmost priority.
- Demonstrates the ability to work with cross-continental, cross-culture support teams with a proven ability to liaise and coordinate between disparate and multi-disciplined teams.
- High level of professionalism when communicating with external clients and internal users to resolve problems. Taken ownership of the problem and striving to bring the problem to closure whilst managing expectations.
- Results oriented, leading by example with excellent analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Maintain an attitude of continual service improvement to help suggest improvements and drive change.
* For a confidential discussion please apply or call Tony Ward on 0203 750 0575
- Start: Asap
- Rate: Market related
- Location: Manchester
- Type: Contract
- Industry: IT
- Recruiter: Elite Executive Search & Selection Ltd
- Contact: Tony Ward
- Email: to view click here
- Reference: TW80
- Posted: 2021-06-01 14:04:10 -
- View all Jobs from Elite Executive Search & Selection Ltd
More Jobs from Elite Executive Search & Selection Ltd
- Quality Specialist
- HR Manager Operations
- HR Manager (HRM) Business Engagement
- IT & Technology Delegate Sales Executive
- Senior HR Manager
- Resourcing Business Partner
- Senior Biomedical Scientist
- Help Desk Coordinator
- HR Business Partner - Resourcing - 18 month Temporary Contract
- HR Manager - Long Term Temp role
- Quality Manager FTC 18 Months
- Bio Medical Scientist Training Officer
- Contract Manager
- Lean Specialist
- Public Family Solicitor
- Residential Conveyancing Solicitor
- Senior UX Designer
- Senior Full Stack Developer
- Principal Full Stack Developer
- Java Developer