Facilities Technician, 10 months FTC
REPORTS TO: Facilities Manager
LOCATION: Milton Keynes
PURPOSE OF THE ROLE: The role of the Facilities Technician is to provide assistance to the Facilities Manager in the maintenance of the facility.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES: The Facilities Technician must be able to work both independently and as part of a team, using their own initiative to prioritise and complete work.
The job holder will frequently interact with staff and visitors and must therefore be able to maintain a friendly and courteous attitude at all times.
Support the facilities department through:
- Carry out an intensive programme of planned preventive maintenance (PPM) for all company buildings and utilities.
- Carry out routine checks and inspection of facilities and equipment to include fault finding, problem solving and minor repairs (examples include Air Handling Units, Air Conditioning Units)
- Electrical works, including all minor electrical installation & repairs, planned and executed in such a way as to minimise risk or inconvenience to others.
- The Facilities Technician will liaise with and support the Laboratory First Line Engineer in fixing minor breakdowns and issues with laboratory and scientific equipment.
- Ensure there are adequate supplies of spares on site for commonly used parts or those with a long lead time.
- Contact external contractors as required and accompany/assist them whilst on site.
- Ensure full and timely reporting of all major breakdowns, significant problems, repair requirements, delays or machine down time to relevant personnel.
- The Facilities Technician will set up conference rooms for meetings and help with office moves (moving furniture and equipment etc).
- Respond to emails and/or face to face requests from staff to undertake repairs, order supplies, or troubleshoot building issues.
- Approximately once a month, travel to the other site in Oxford to undertake facilities work.
- Assist with all aspects of the upkeep of the grounds, roadways and car parks.
- The Facilities Technician must have a proactive approach to building maintenance.
- Must have City & Guilds 2365 (at least Level 3 or above).
- GCSE or equivalent in Maths’ and English.
- Minimum of 2 years’ experience in a similar role.
- Basic understanding of health and safety and its application to the working environment.
- Ability to communicate effectively both verbally and in writing.
- Ability to understand and follow instructions and procedures.
- Ability to work well as part of a team.
- Basic understanding of Microsoft Office suite of software (Excel, Word, Outlook and the Internet).
- A knowledge of manual handling and the ability lift to lift and carry objects.
- Over 18 years old.
- Full UK driving license
- Must be flexible to work nights last minute in case of absence within the team
- Experience of facilities work within a scientific or medical field.
- Plumbing and/or carpentry experience.
- IPAF License.
- Experience of working with Liquid Nitrogen (LN2) Storage tanks.
- Familiarity with working towards ISO standards.
- Knowledge of relevant Health & Safety requirements for example COSHH
The hours of work will be 6am-6pm; work 7 days out of 14, rotating shifts, 2 months of days and 1 month of nights.
To be considered for the role; please apply with your CV or call Vanessa for a confidential discussion on 0203 750 0575
- Rate: Market related
- Location: Milton Keynes
- Type: Contract
- Industry: Construction
- Recruiter: Elite Executive Search & Selection Ltd
- Contact: Vanessa Barnes
- Tel: 0203 750 0575
- Email: to view click here
- Reference: VB040
- Posted: 2021-05-26 17:31:45 -
- View all Jobs from Elite Executive Search & Selection Ltd
More Jobs from Elite Executive Search & Selection Ltd
- Quality Specialist
- HR Manager Operations
- HR Manager (HRM) Business Engagement
- IT & Technology Delegate Sales Executive
- Senior HR Manager
- Resourcing Business Partner
- Senior Biomedical Scientist
- Help Desk Coordinator
- HR Business Partner - Resourcing - 18 month Temporary Contract
- HR Manager - Long Term Temp role
- Quality Manager FTC 18 Months
- Bio Medical Scientist Training Officer
- Contract Manager
- Lean Specialist
- Public Family Solicitor
- Residential Conveyancing Solicitor
- Senior UX Designer
- Senior Full Stack Developer
- Principal Full Stack Developer
- Java Developer