We’re currently seeking a strong Quality Officer on a long-term temporary basis of 18 months to work within a state of the art, high throughput diagnostics laboratory environment as part of the UK’s NHS Test and Trace programme.
The Quality Officer will play a vital role in supporting society’s return to a more normal way of life by helping to break the chains of COVID-19 transmission, you will also gain invaluable experience and exposure to some of the country’s most highly skilled individuals in the scientific community.
This represents a once in a lifetime opportunity to go above and beyond to support public health, while also extending your already accomplished technical skills and positioning your career for further success and growth.
The Quality Officer will be responsible for assisting the Quality Manager in the ongoing management of all site Quality and Compliance standards to ensure site ISO accreditation.
A few Key Accountabilities of the Quality Officer:
• Support the QA Manager in maintaining compliance of the Quality processes and documentation to meet the requirements of the Notified Bodies/UKAS.
• Support continuous improvements in the Quality Management System (QMS)
• Work with the managers and their teams to maintain all aspects of the QMS e.g., Change Controls, Non-Conformities, CAPAs, Customer Complaints
• Provide support as required for all Notified Bodies/UKAS and Client audits.
• Work with other QA staff to provide all the support required by the Operations teams, e.g.
Work Instruction review, report review, QA statements, training, quality record review.
• Perform internal audits according to the provided schedule.
• Perform desk-based and on-site audits of sub-contractors and suppliers.
* For full Job Spec please call Tony Ward on 0203 750 0575 .
Current Challenges and Opportunities:
• Support the development and implementation of a new QMS to ensure that Regulatory requirements are met whilst maximising work throughput.
• Develop and implement SOPs etc.
• Helping to train staff
• Helping to implement a “right first time” culture throughout the site
• Significant experience of operating within ISO Quality Management Systems of operational laboratory environments.
• Experience with ‘Ideagen Qpulse’ Quality Management System would be a preference
• Experience in liaising with internal and external stakeholders on all areas of quality and compliance.
• Experience in conducting audits and hosting external auditors.
• Experience working within a laboratory setting working to relevant ISO accreditation standards; ISO 15189, ISO 17025, ISO 9001.
• A team player, with good analytical reasoning, customer focus, communication and change orientation in a fast-paced environment.
- Rate: Market related
- Location: Leamington Spa
- Type: Contract
- Industry: Science
- Recruiter: Elite Executive Search & Selection Ltd
- Contact: Tony Ward
- Email: to view click here
- Reference: TW010
- Posted: 2021-05-20 15:57:15 -
- View all Jobs from Elite Executive Search & Selection Ltd
More Jobs from Elite Executive Search & Selection Ltd
- Quality Specialist
- HR Manager Operations
- HR Manager (HRM) Business Engagement
- IT & Technology Delegate Sales Executive
- Senior HR Manager
- Resourcing Business Partner
- Senior Biomedical Scientist
- Help Desk Coordinator
- HR Business Partner - Resourcing - 18 month Temporary Contract
- HR Manager - Long Term Temp role
- Quality Manager FTC 18 Months
- Bio Medical Scientist Training Officer
- Contract Manager
- Lean Specialist
- Public Family Solicitor
- Residential Conveyancing Solicitor
- Senior UX Designer
- Senior Full Stack Developer
- Principal Full Stack Developer
- Java Developer