Job reference: JR190159
Salary: €70,000-€90,000 + €15,000 Allowance, Accommodation, Travel
Commercial Manager Job Profile:
A top tier main contractor is looking for a Commercial Manager to join their team working on data centre construction projects.
This position is to be based in Warsaw on a rotation basis with rotation being offered on a 3 weeks in, 1 week out basis.
Commercial Manager Key Activities
The successful Commercial Manager will be responsible for the following tasks:
- Validation of all tender and construction budgets to ensure strict compliance to agreed Margins
- Provide advice to Project Managers, Quantity Surveyors and Administrators on administration aspects including site instructions, optimal labour allowances, accurate forecasting methods and the protection of margins.
- Work closely with Procurement Department to manage the procurement process from inception to completion, ensuring the tender process is in accordance with company guidelines related to “Authority to let”, as well as sub-contractor agreements, and are within budget.
- Oversee the generation of Internal Monthly Cost Report / Month End Reviews to ensure compliance with validated margins.
- Assessment and agreement of sub-contractor and supplier variations
- Ensure compliance with Contract Programme/Schedule
- Manage the preparation and submission of applications for interim payment certificates and agreement of same with Clients Representative
- Actively manage dispute resolution and/or claims should they arise in conjunction with the Commercial Manager / External Consultants
- Manage project cash-flow on each project in conjunction with Finance Department
- Setup and maintain the risk and opportunity management process for the project
- Nurture and maintain strong relationships with clients, subcontractors, suppliers and consultants
- Work closely and mentor where necessary the commercial Staff and management as required
- Make recommendations to senior project staff on commercial and contract issues that are specific project related
- Monitor and ensure correct procedures are followed on site in relation to any activity with commercial implications
- Ensure that all contracts are administered correctly, inclusive of notices and contractual letters where required to mitigate risk to the company
- All other duties associated with the role
Commercial Manager Specification
The following will be required of the Commercial Manager:
- Prior experience working on data centre construction projects
- Prior experience working for a main contractor
- Must hold an EU passport or the right to work in Poland
Commercial Manager Personal Skills and Qualifications
The successful Commercial Manager will possess the following:
- Preferably a degree in a relevant field
- Preferably trades or engineering background
To Apply for the position of Commercial Manager, or to find out what other opportunities we can offer in the data centre construction sector, please contact Joe Raymond at Project Resource Ltd.
Services advertised by Project Resource are that of an Employment Agency/Business.
Project resource is an equality and diversity recruitment agent and employer.
More Jobs from Project Resource Limited
- Site Agent
- Site Engineer
- Senior Quantity Surveyor
- Project Engineer
- Project Engineer
- Site Manager (Roofing and Cladding)
- Electrical Program Manager
- Electrical Associate Engineer
- Principal Electrical Engineer
- Senior Mechanical Design Engineer
- Principal Mechanical Engineer
- Site Engineer
- Construction Manager
- Quantity Surveyor
- Project Manager(Drylining/SFS)
- Estimator(Dry Lining and Interiors)
- Site Manager(Drylining and Ceilings)
- Quantity Surveyor(Interiors and Drylining)
- Design Engineer