Operational Clinical Lead - Stansted Airport
Operational Clinical Lead
Our client, a leading provider of life science solutions, are now looking for an Operational Scientific Lead to manage their team on site in Edinburgh with their work with Covid-19 testing and clinical trials for a fixed term contract of 12 months that could well be extended further on a rolling basis.
- Competitive Salary
- Excellent benefits
This is an exceptional opportunity to help impact the pandemic and play a part of the resolution of this global crisis.
On-site Lead(s) with experience in managing or supervising teams of laboratory technicians and support staff within a scientific, infectious sciences or virology laboratory. The post holder will lead the operational delivery team for Covid-19 testing services to support the UK response to the pandemic.
Provide and operate highly specialized, containerized COVID-19 testing laboratories to support increased testing demand. In this context they are intended for use at locations to be determined by NHS in accordance with their demands.
The laboratories were first deployed by our Client in Luxembourg to provide optimised, highly automated workflows, from COVID-19 adapted swab collection tubes to pooled RT_qPCR read-outs that maintain (or surpass) individual test sensitivities.
High levels of throughput with uncompromising quality are ideally supported by purpose-designed laboratories where one single test type is being performed and where all components are tuned to this singular test.
Testing methodologies include RT_qPCR in a highly automated workflow involving several different high throughput liquid handling robots, as well as digital tracking software.
In addition, testing methods might change dynamically and drastically and the postholder will be required to adapt and contribute to the evolution of test regimes.
Operationally the role works to a clinical rota requiring leadership of clinical technicians, responsibility for SOPs, regulatory compliance, participation in clinical audits and will contribute to the training of scientific and technical staff.
- 3-5 Years Experieince in managing or supervising teams within a virology or microbiology clinical lab environment
- Clinical Scientific Registration with he HCPC is desirable although not a necessity
- Experience in Quality Assurance and Audit Procedures
- In depth knowledge of molecular methods in clinical virology and real time PCR Methods
- Experience of automated robotic laboratory sampling processes, training and technical support will be provided
- Detailed understanding and experieince in supporting LIMS , training and support will be provided on specific systems
- Experience in automated robotics lab sampling processes, training and technical support will be provided
- Rate: Market related
- Location: Stansted Mountfitchet
- Type: Contract
- Industry: Medical
- Recruiter: Elite Executive Search & Selection Ltd
- Contact: Vanessa Barnes
- Tel: 0203 750 0575
- Email: to view click here
- Reference: VHB00271
- Posted: 2020-12-16 15:46:53 -
- View all Jobs from Elite Executive Search & Selection Ltd
More Jobs from Elite Executive Search & Selection Ltd
- Sales Engineer
- Outsourcing Junior
- Outsourcing Client Manager
- Audit Senior
- Sample Reception & Sample Handling Assistant -Tangmere
- Sample Reception & Handling Assistant - Gatwick Airport
- Sample Reception & Handling Assistant- Hull
- Sample Reception & Handling Assistant
- Warehouse Site Operative Lead - Stansted
- Laboratory Technician Supervisor - Deeside
- Site Operative Lead - Ramsgate
- Site Operative Lead - Stansted Airport
- Laboratory Technician - Gatwick Airport
- Laboratory Technician Supervisor - Gatwick
- Operational Scientific Lead- Manchester
- Operational Clinical Lead - Gatwick
- Site Operative Operative - Leeds
- Clinical Operational Lead - Leeds
- Clinical Operational Lead - Tangmere
- Operational Clinical Lead - Deeside