Learning Disability Support Worker
We have a new and exciting opportunity for a Learning Disability Support Worker to work within a specialist supported living service for children, based in Wingrave!
*Do you know someone who would be interested in this role? We offer a £250 referral bonus per successful candidate that is referred
Temporary Pay Rate:
, Week Days & Sleep ins: £11ph ltd
, Nights & Weekends: £11.50ph ltd
, Bank Holidays: £14.50ph ltd
Hours and length of contract:
, Temporary part time hours (with the potential for full time)
, Mix of shifts: (mainly Fri/Sat/Sun)
o Days: 10:00 - 18:00
o Earlies: 07:00 - 14:30
o Lates: 14:30 - 22:00
, The manager is looking for the position to be filled ASAP
The client is a national charity which supports over 1,200 people with a learning disability and/or autism with the aim to celebrate and develop everyone's unique gifts, talents and contributions.
You will work within the supported living houses on a residential school complex that cares for and provides education to students with severe learning difficulties and autism spectrum disorder (ASD).
The service users are aged 10 -19 years of age and severe and profound learning, ASD and challenging behaviour.
In addition, some children may suffer with epilepsy and minor physical impairments.
As a support worker you will provide high quality and compassionate care to the service users and be responsible for their general well-being.
Daily duties include but are not limited to:
, Providing physical, emotional, spiritual and social support to service users
, Teaching life skills including: using public transport, shopping, cooking and cleaning
, Supporting service users to take part in physical exercise - climbing, swimming, walking water sports
, Supporting service users with work experience (e.g.
on a farm)
, Supporting service users to be active members of the community and access shops and cafes
, Assisting service users with personal care where necessary
The successful candidate will need to have NVQ Level 3 or be working towards it.
Recent relevant experience within learning disabilities is essential and you must be DBS cleared.
If you are interested in this role then please contact Emma at SCS on 01772 208963 or send across your CV directly to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Start: ASAP
- Duration: 3 weeks+ongoing
- Rate: £11 - £14.50 per hour
- Location: Buckinghamshire, England
- Type: Contract
- Industry: Medical
- Recruiter: Service Care Solutions Ltd
- Tel: 01772 208963
- Fax: 01772 471473
- Email: to view click here
- Posted: 2020-12-10 16:57:45 -
- View all Jobs from Service Care Solutions Ltd
More Jobs from Service Care Solutions Ltd
- Adults Social Worker, Modern Slavery and Forced Marriage
- Adults Social Worker, Safeguarding, Tower Hamlets
- Estates Surveyor
- Care Assistant
- Maintenance Surveyor
- Social Worker, Discharge to Assess, Lewisham
- Building Surveyor
- Social Worker, SGO and Connected Carers, Southwark
- Gas Engineer Domestic
- Social Worker, Safeguarding and Family Support, Southwark
- Adults Social Worker, Physical Disabilities, Ealing
- Senior Social Worker, Court Team, Home working
- Qualified Visual Impairment Officer, Kensington and Chelsea
- Senior CP / CIN Social Worker, Lewisham
- Team Manager, Early Help, Working from home
- Child Protection Advisor
- Family Support Worker
- Senior Practitioner - Safeguarding and Support
- Adult Social Care Debt Management Project Lead