Business Support Officer- Fostering team
Working in a reactive Business Support Team supporting a number of service areas across the council, Adult and Children's Social Care including Fostering.
We are looking for excellent communications skills, ability to work to statutory deadlines dealing with changing priorities, have excellent customer service skills with the ability to deal with challenging situations and challenging clients.
You should have excellent IT skills and be an experienced Microsoft Officer user.
Some of these roles involve taking notes or actions of meeting.
Candidates need to be able to deal sensitively and with empathy with challenging customers..
In some cases this is completed live using a PC during the meeting.
Those meetings do contain sensitive discussions in relation to children and families.
These posts are normally based at Allendale Road or West Road, Newcastle, during current Coronavirus restrictions staff are either working from home or coming into the office on a rota basis.
1. Knowledge and competent use of Microsoft Office applications with the ability to create, manipulate and update spreadsheets and databases and excellent keyboard skills
2. Good verbal and written communication skills.
3. Good organisation and time management skills.
4. Ability to work as part of a team and on own initiative.
5. Excellent Customer Service Skills, with the ability to resolve complex enquiries
6. Experience of dealing with sensitive and confidential information.
7. Understand the need to identify and embed new business processes.
8. Ability to support meetings including production of minutes and/or action points.
To take part in identifying and embedding business process improvements.
To deal with enquiries, including technical queries about the service in line
with our procedures and protocols.
To collate and prepare management information as needed.
To work with nominated officers responsible for maintenance, repairs and
security of designated buildings, giving administrative support as needed.
To give confidential administrative and secretarial support including arranging
and servicing meetings, preparing agendas and taking minutes as needed.
To give interactive WP support to the allocated service using digital, audio or
To contribute to skills transfer activities by the demonstration of duties to
support business continuity and to continually improve our service.
To develop and maintain positive joint working relationships with relevant
internal and external stakeholders.
To give a professional and courteous reception service as needed.
To account for, reconcile and make sure of the security of petty cash, stock
and cash equivalents in line with our Financial Regulations.
If you are interested please call 01772 208964.
- Start: ASAP
- Duration: 3 months
- Rate: £10 - £10.55 per hour
- Location: Newcastle upon Tyne, England
- Type: Contract
- Industry: Secreterial
- Recruiter: Service Care Solutions Ltd
- Tel: 01772 208 964
- Fax: 01772 471473
- Email: to view click here
- Posted: 2020-11-23 23:40:01 -
- View all Jobs from Service Care Solutions Ltd
More Jobs from Service Care Solutions Ltd
- Registered Mental Health Nurse
- Mental Health Nurse
- Registered Nurse - Prison
- Property Manager
- Facilities Manager
- Occupational Therapist
- Extra Care Scheme Manager
- Band 7 Psychiatric Liaison Nurse
- Highways Engineer
- Highways Inspector
- Highways Technician
- Childrens Deputy Manager
- New Owner Executive
- Childrens Joint Commissioner, Lewisham
- Business Support Officer
- Repairs Administrator
- Mobile Cleaner
- Street Scene Operative
- Senior Digital Forensic Specialist, Cell Site Analysis (Police)