Children's Registered Manager
We are currently recruiting for a Children's Registered Manager.
This is for a Children's Residential Home within Buckinghamshire County Council and provides to service users with challenging and emotional behaviour difficulties.
This is a full time, permanent role paying from £48,894 to £51,402 depending on experience.
As a member of the Care Services Management Team, to work closely and collaboratively with the Head of Service and other Team Managers to ensure the provision of a high quality service which complies with relevant legal and regulatory requirements and meets or exceeds National Minimum Standards.
To lead and manage a team of staff, responsible for the provision of residential care to a group of young people in line with the home's Statement of Purpose, Childrens Homes Regulations and associated guidance and Ofsted requirements.
To be responsible for ensuring effective supervision and performance management of staff within the team with access to appropriate professional training and development as necessary.
To ensure robust business planning for the team with related monitoring of achievement and outcomes supported by sound financial management of allocated budget and other resources.
1. To supervise managerial and senior residential social work staff, taking responsibility for standards of professional practice and levels of performance and ensuring that good practice is maintained
2. To work closely with the Head of Service and management team in order to develop the service, promote its work and improve its performance.
3. To provide management cover at Team Manager level in other parts of the service, if required, in the temporary absence of the post holder.
4. To represent the service and the council as required at external events requiring residential care expertise as well as taking part in any relevant internal working groups, panels or projects requiring service input.
5. To manage the care practice of the team in a manner that promotes equality of opportunity and positive outcomes for all children and young people
6. To participate in, and lead where necessary, both staff recruitment activity and team or service development events
7. To undertake delegated parts of management investigations into disciplinary concerns.
8. To take responsibility for financial management of resources allocated to the team, to monitor budgets and ensure accurate end of year forecasts are provided, reporting variances to the Head of Service as necessary.
9. To carry out timely and effective staff appraisals, ensuring that developmental issues are addressed and suitable objectives are set and accurately measured
10. To contribute to the preparation of briefing papers for staff in respect of new policies or legislation concerning the work of the Children and Families service area in general and residential care in particular
11. To ensure that agreed policies and procedures are known and understood by staff, and implemented and monitored in practice.
, NVQ/QCF level 5 in Leadership and Management or equivalent qualification
, Experienced Registered Manager within a Children's setting
, Level 3 Diploma for Children and Young People's Workforce, or equivalent
, 2 years' Experience of working in a Residential Children's Home
, Current Knowledge of childcare and child protection laws
, 2 years' experience supervising and managing professional staff.
, Knowledge of OFSTED regulations
If you are interested in the role, or know of anyone who may be, please contact Josh at Service Care Solutions on 01772 208964 or email Joshua.Morrison@servicecare.org.uk.
Service Care Solutions also offers a £250 referral bonus! So if you know of anyone who would be perfect for this position and they are placed into work, you will receive £250 for the referral once their probationary period has been completed!
More Jobs from Service Care Solutions Ltd
- Head of Property Disposal
- Band 5 Mental Health Nurse
- Scheme Manager
- Band 6 Community Psychiatric Nurse (CPN)
- Community Psychiatric Nurse
- Mental Healthcare Assistant
- Mental Healthcare Assistant
- Childcare Paralegal
- Head of Environmental Health
- Band 6 CAMHS inpatient Nurse. Chalkhill.
- Project Officer
- Band 6/7 CAMHS Nurse. Basingstoke.
- Accountant NHS
- Band 5 Mental Health Nurse. Night shifts, Crawley
- Care Support Worker
- Family Support Worker
- Driver Attendant
- Healthcare Assistant