A local authority based in West Yorkshire is looking for a Highways Officer to join their team.
This is a full time, temporary, ongoing position and the successful candidate will
have relevant experience and an appropriate technical qualification with experience dealing with local authorities.
The purpose of the role will be to deliver capital maintenance works such as surface dressing and planing and surfacing.
The successful candidate will also work on the design side for smaller projects implemented under the Local Transport Plan.
The main responsibilities for the role are
To take responsibility for specific projects or ongoing areas of work within the Engineering Design Team or Area Office.
To participate in the frequent review of all systems and procedures in operation.
To ensure that all aspects of work within the sphere of control of this post are carried out in accordance with the Council's Customer Care and Equal opportunities.
To support the Senior Project Engineer or Highway Area Manager to ensure delivery of service objectives.
To undertake and manage the investigation, consultation, evaluation, design, programming, implementation and monitoring of highway improvement proposals.
Relevant experience and appropriate technical qualification with knowledge of working within a local authority.
The client is looking to move quickly with this role and as such are offering between £16 and £18 p/hour Umbrella Ltd (approx.
£420 - £465 p/week NET after deductions) dependant on experience and qualifications.
So if this position sounds of interest, email a copy of your up to date CV to email@example.com or call James at Service Care Construction on 01772 208967
Not interested in this role but know somebody who could be? Refer a friend today and receive up to £250 per referral if they are successfully placed by SC Construction!
- Start: ASAP
- Duration: Ongoing
- Rate: £16 - £18 per hour + Umbrella Ltd dependant on experience
- Location: Wakefield, England
- Type: Contract
- Industry: Construction
- Recruiter: Service Care Solutions Ltd
- Tel: 01772 208 967
- Fax: 01772 471473
- Email: to view click here
- Posted: 2020-09-21 11:44:27 -
- View all Jobs from Service Care Solutions Ltd
More Jobs from Service Care Solutions Ltd
- Mechanical Engineer
- Children's Support Worker
- General Practise Surveyor
- Band 5 RMN
- Probation Service Officer
- Deputy Head of Virtual School
- Probation Service Officer
- Fostering Social Worker
- Mental Health Care Assistant
- Children’s Home Registered Manager - Stockport
- Environmental Health Officer
- Mental Health Support Worker - Peterborough
- Registered Mental Health Nurse (RMN) - Colchester
- Registered Mental Health Nurse (RMN) - Cambridge
- Registered Mental Health Nurse (RMN) - Norwich
- Registered Mental Health Nurse (RMN) - Peterborough
- Community Care Officer
- Pharmacy Assistant