My client, a local authority based in West London is looking for Building/Repairs Surveyor to join their team.
This is a full time, temporary ongoing agency contract and the successful candidate must have a full degree qualification in Building Surveying or equivalent, have extensive public sector repairs experience, extensive responsive/day to day repairs experience and ideally experience in similar local authority roles.
The main purpose of the role is to participate as a member of the Client's Repairs team to undertake a wide range of Building Surveying Services, Specification writing Enforcement Inspections, Repairs Diagnostics and related Project Management duties
The main responsibilities of the role will include the following;
Assist the Client Repairs Team with;
Determination of landlord's licence applications for alterations
Determination of remedies in the event of breaches of lease and/or tenancy obligations
Party wall matters
Rights of light
Scaffold licences upon Council land
Repairs Diagnostics managing Disrepair cases too
Specification writing and tendering of works in compliance with the Councils Standing Orders and financial Regulations
Provide professional and technical advice and reports on all matters within the functionality of the service, including undertaking the role of professional or expert witness at hearings, adjudications and legal proceedings etc.
The successful candidate will be able to demonstrate the following competencies/attributes;
Degree or equivalent in Building Surveying
Experience in undertaking building surveying, including undertaking inspections, diagnosing defects, identifying breaches in lease and building standards, specifying remedial works.
Experience in working with and leading a wide range of stakeholders within a Public-Sector Context.
The client is looking to move quickly with appointing to this position and as such, are offering £25 p/hr Umbrella Ltd (approx.
£620 NET p/week after deductions) for the duration of the role.
If this position sounds of interest, please email a copy of your up to date CV to firstname.lastname@example.org or call Jamal at Service Care Construction on 01772 208967.
- Start: ASAP
- Duration: Ongoing
- Rate: Up to £25 per hour + Umbrella Ltd dependant on experience/qu
- Location: Hammersmith, England
- Type: Contract
- Industry: Construction
- Recruiter: Service Care Solutions Ltd
- Tel: 01772 208967
- Fax: 01772 471473
- Email: to view click here
- Posted: 2020-09-14 17:57:52 -
- View all Jobs from Service Care Solutions Ltd
More Jobs from Service Care Solutions Ltd
- Surveying Manager
- HR Learning and Organisational Development Business Partner
- Project Manager - Police
- Registered Mental Health Nurse (Band 6)
- Childcare Lawyer - Greater Manchester
- Community Care Worker
- Ofsted Registered Manager, Hillingdon
- Youth Worker
- Child Protection Note Taker
- Food Safety Officer
- Assessment Social worker
- Social worker
- Social Worker - Young Adults - Haringey Perm
- Child Protection Conference Chair - Bury
- Adoption Social Worker - Warrington
- Site Manager
- Adult Social Worker - Bolton – Level 2
- Customer Service - Covid-19
- Junior Housing Assistant