My client, a local authority based in West London is looking for a Legal Disrepair/Repairs Surveyor to join their team.
This is a full time, temporary ongoing agency role and the successful candidate must have a full HND/degree level qualification in Surveying, ideally be a chartered member of CIOB/RICS, have extensive experience with Legal Disrepair cases and ideally experience within local authority/public sector roles.
The main purposes of the role is to manage complex legal cases/complaints/Housing Ombudsman/MP/Cllr enquiries along with managing the performance of contractors to ensure efficiency of service, VFM and compliance with legislation.
The successful candidate will be expected to contribute to the development of strategies and policies relating to Asset Management and to implement and review procedures relating to responsive repairs such as legal/structural/trees and service charges.
The main responsibilities of the role will include the following;
Ensure legal/complains/HO/MP/Cllrs enquiries are responded to within target times and responses meet quality standard
Ensure expenditure are aligned to available budgets and represents VFM
Implement critical procedures to support service delivery and officer/contractor training and development and to minimise unnecessary expenditure/budgetary pressures by agreed target times
Support R&M manager on essential key projects within Asset Management focusing in on IT new database system/legal/structural/rechargeable/service charges
Arrange guidance training for Access Harrow call centre staff on critical work procedures and work with Access Management to improve on repairs call centre repairs reporting.
The successful candidate will be able to demonstrate the following competencies/attributes;
Minimum HND/Degree level Surveying qualification
Extensive experience with Legal Disrepair cases
Own vehicle and full UK licence
Experience in writing repairs specifications in accordance with bespoke SORs or NHF SORs and in repairs administration in housing maintenance in the public and/ or private sectors.
Knowledge of legal disrepair/structural/service charge/rechargeable procedures and working practises agreements
Detailed knowledge of the issues involved in providing technical client advice for responsive maintenance
The client is looking to move quickly with appointing to this position and as such, are offering £26 p/hr Umbrella Ltd (approx.
£650 p/week NET after deductions).
If this position sounds of interest, please email a copy of your up to date CV to email@example.com or call Jamal at Service Care Construction on 01772 208967.
- Start: ASAP
- Duration: Ongoing
- Rate: Up to £26 per hour + Umbrella Ltd dependant on experience/qu
- Location: Harrow, England
- Type: Contract
- Industry: Construction
- Recruiter: Service Care Solutions Ltd
- Tel: 01772 208967
- Fax: 01772 471473
- Email: to view click here
- Posted: 2020-08-13 10:12:42 -
- View all Jobs from Service Care Solutions Ltd
More Jobs from Service Care Solutions Ltd
- Participation and Tracking Advisor
- Mental Health Support Worker - Cambridge
- Mental Health Support Worker - Norwich
- Mental Healthcare Assistant - Darlington
- Roofer - Coventry
- Business Support Officer
- Young People’s Support Advisor (Housing) – Hereford
- Children's Social Worker - LONDON BASED
- Independent Reviewing Officer, IRO, Lewisham
- LADO, Wandsworth, South West England
- Carelink Call Handler - Derby
- Children's Registered Manager
- Tenancy Specialist
- Senior Housing Practitioner - Bournemouth
- Educational Psychologist
- Deputy Head of Legal (Local Authority)
- Administrative Officer
- Estate Surveyor
- Deputy Early Years Manager
- General Practice Surveyor