Neighbourhood Housing Officer
Your key duties within the role will include the following:
1. Deliver key housing management services to a high standard, ensuring that activities are delivered on time
2. Provide assistance, advice and information to residents on the full range of tenancy and estate management services and work with other service areas (e.g repairs) to ensure all contractual responsibilities are met
3. Update management information systems and databases with, for example, data relating to customer profiling, tenancy audits, estate inspections, anti-social behaviour and moving home applications
4. Respond to complaints, members' enquiries and problems of service delivery which are within the post holder's responsibility and make suggestions for improving service delivery
5. Ensure the efficient processing of allowances, rights to compensation, ex-gratia claims and discretionary awards in line with policy, audit and legal requirements
6. Ensure the delivery of all services comply with relevant legislation and regulation.
7. Investigate and manage abandoned properties
8. Conduct tenancy checks and investigate tenancy fraud
9. To manage decants including being point of contact for tenant liaison
10. Contribute to the successful delivery of all KPIs within the Housing Management Officer remit
Finances and budgets
13. To be mindful of the financial context within which we work and to contribute to the provision of a cost effective service
14. To take responsibility, relevant to the post, for ensuring that Council statutes and government legislation is upheld.
This includes the Data Protection Act, the Health and Safety at Work Act, Equalities and Diversity, Standing Orders and Financial regulations
15. Take responsibility, appropriate to the post, for ensuring compliance with council policies and procedures aimed at promoting and safeguarding the welfare of vulnerable children and adults
16. To take responsibility, appropriate to the post, for tackling racism and promoting good race, ethnic and community relations
To be considered for this role you must have experience and understanding of tenancy management functions, An understanding of the issues of housing, estate management, health and safety and how these impact on the well-being of residents and the responsibilities of landlords
This is a contact starting ASAP running for 8 weeks, working 37 hours per week, Monday to Friday.
Why work with Service Care Solutions?
- An exclusive range of Social Housing vacancies across the UK
- Free DBS processing
- Provider of Housing staff to over 200 local authorities and 100 Housing Associations.
- Frequent notifications for upcoming opportunities via text and email
- £250 referral bonus if you refer a successful candidate and they complete a probationary period
How to Apply
If you wish to apply for the role, please send over a copy of your CV to Jason Thomas at Service Care Solutions (Jason.
thomas @ service care.
org .uk) or feel free to call Jason on 01772 208 966.
More Jobs from Service Care Solutions Ltd
- Participation and Tracking Advisor
- Mental Health Support Worker - Cambridge
- Mental Health Support Worker - Norwich
- Mental Healthcare Assistant - Darlington
- Roofer - Coventry
- Business Support Officer
- Young People’s Support Advisor (Housing) – Hereford
- Children's Social Worker - LONDON BASED
- Independent Reviewing Officer, IRO, Lewisham
- LADO, Wandsworth, South West England
- Carelink Call Handler - Derby
- Children's Registered Manager
- Tenancy Specialist
- Senior Housing Practitioner - Bournemouth
- Educational Psychologist
- Deputy Head of Legal (Local Authority)
- Administrative Officer
- Estate Surveyor
- Deputy Early Years Manager
- General Practice Surveyor