Housing Options Officer
Homelessness Specialist, Wokingham
We are recruiting Homelessness Specialist based in Berkshire for a Local Authority.
The individual will be required to ensure the continued implementation of the Homelessness Reduction Act 2017 and to provide specialist advice and support to the Housing Needs team to ensure that all parts of the Act are delivered in accordance to statutory legislation.
Your key duties within the role will include the following:
- To provide specialist advice on the Homelessness Reduction Act to other teams within the Council, partner agencies and public bodies.
- To monitor use of emergency and temporary accommodation, ensuring that the Council complies with statutory legislation.
- To ensure that quarterly government data submissions are accurate and submitted on time.
To monitor and quality check this data and to provide this data for cooperate key performance indicators and other reporting streams.
- To provide a strategic input into current review of Allocations policy and to ensure that it complies with the requirements of the Act and provide an oversight into how it is used as a tool to reduce use of emergency and temporary accommodation.
- To oversee management and mobilisation of 2saints outreach and the Covid 19 rough sleeper cohort
Service Delivery Accountabilities
- Having a well - developed understanding of the specialist area.
This may include leading the development of the Council's specialist approach.
- Working within statutory, Council and Government guidelines and ensuring statutory compliance in the delivery of the service
- Maintaining and updating the knowledge of the service throughout the organisation including the updating of the thresholds, rules, developing best practice and contributing to continuous improvement in service delivery
- Applying specialist knowledge to support and where appropriate lead more complex projects and contributing to the development of corporate policy, strategy and plans including responding to legislative and guidance changes
- Solving problems and managing more complex cases, taking complex decisions, applying greatest discretion and judgement in relation to the policy guidelines.
Processing more complex applications and cases that require specialist expertise and judgement and advising the case management and service processing team on aspects of contentious applications or cases
- Providing specialist advice and input to the delivery of excellent customer service working with customer facing staff and staff with other specialist areas to provide seamless services to customers
- There are no line management responsibilities.
To be considered for this role you must have:
- experience of making and recommending section 184 decisions,
- understanding of the recent changes to the Local Housing Allowance and Part VII of the Localism Act 2011.
- Knowledge of Housing Act 1996 Parts VI & VII.
- Experience of dealing with the public and carrying out interviews in stressful situations.
- Knowledge of Landlord and Tenant law, welfare benefits legislation and the Protection From Eviction Act.
- Ability to manage a caseload of homeless and non - H.A.
1996 Part VII applications at the same time and meet tight deadlines.
This is a temporary contact starting ASAP for 3 months, working 36 hours per week.
Why work with Service Care Solutions?
- An exclusive range of Social Housing vacancies across the UK
- Free DBS processing
- Provider of Housing staff to over 200 local authorities and 100 Housing Associations.
- Frequent notifications for upcoming opportunities via text and email
- £250 referral bonus if you refer a successful candidate and they complete a probationary period
How to Apply
If you wish to apply for the role, please send over a copy of your CV to Jason Thomas at Service Care Solutions (Jason.
thomas @ service care.
org .uk) or feel free to call Jason on 01772 208 966.
More Jobs from Service Care Solutions Ltd
- Emergency Responder/Call Handler
- Educational Psychologist, SEN, Oxford
- Independent Reviewing Officer
- Programme Manager
- Mobile Cleaner - Sittingbourne
- Housing Options Officer
- Recovery Practitioner
- Registered Mental Health Nurse - Prison
- Highways Officer
- Prison Nurse - Healthcare
- Housing Options Officer
- Support Worker MH
- Occupational Therapist
- Supervising Social Worker
- Housing Worker (PT) – Exmouth
- Band 6 Occupational Health Nurse
- Support Worker
- Teaching Assistant- SEN
- Project Manager